Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: S/pdif

Exclamation S/pdif

I know what S/PDIF i think. But could some one refresh my memory...
    I have a S/PDI in an out.. Could i connect say my Xbox360 or my ps2 audio cable (I have a conector that allows me to combine two audio cables into one) into the S/PDIF IN and will i be able to configure my pc so that the audio plays through my pc 5.1 suround sound speaker system.
    Thanks

Default Re: S/pdif

Quote Originally Posted by UK_Karlos
    I know what S/PDIF i think. But could some one refresh my memory...
    I have a S/PDI in an out.. Could i connect say my Xbox360 or my ps2 audio cable (I have a conector that allows me to combine two audio cables into one) into the S/PDIF IN and will i be able to configure my pc so that the audio plays through my pc 5.1 suround sound speaker system.
    Thanks
    What device do you have a S/PDIF out on anyway? S/Pdif (Sony/Phillips digital interface) does not provide as good of digital sound quality as optical does, so if you have optical use that instead.
    I ran into a situation recently with my new Magnavox LCD Tv that has only a crappy S/PDIF out on it and no other digital out options to hook up to my new JVC surround sound HD DVD system, most types of devices don't have S/PDIF since its mostly just used on digital audio tape systems and ofcourse Sony and Phillips products from what I understand. Which leaves me to beleive that the PS2 might have one but I'm pretty sure the 360 does not.
    There is no way that I know of for me to hook my surround sound systems digital IN directly to my TV's digital OUT becuase of this. It makes the options very limited:(. Now I just use my cable box to the suround sound system via optical for TV channel surround sound but the Xbox 360 and all the other game consoles have to be plugged into the TV Component and composite jacks without the cool surround sound:(. I'm solution less on this, but I have heard that S/PDIF and RCA jacks cables are about the same thing but SPDIF is digital and RCA is analog so I can't see how it would possibly work for hardware that has these types of ports but its possible the cables themsevels might be close to the same thing minus one end on S/PDIF versus 2 ends on the RCA jacks for stereo sound.

Thread Information