Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATi radeon 9250 PCI morrowind problem

Default ATi radeon 9250 PCI morrowind problem

I gave my friend my old radeon for 10 bucks and now its acting up on him, he has an old dimension 2400 just like my old one, it has the exact same stuff as mine did- 1024 mb ddr/266 RAM, 2.4 ghz celeron proc, ati card, and a old HDD. wxp sp2

the problem: he installed morrowind and when he tries to start it up it says "must run in 32 bit true color mode to run" but his card is set to 32 bit. the thing is that his monitor is plugged into the mobo, but it is recieving the proper signal, 32 bit at 1024x 1280 that it should from the card. I have no clue waht is happenin, we installed the drivers again and morrowind with no luck.
    thanks!
    Mobo...............Asus P5N-SLI (NF570)
    RAM................2 GB Kingston DDR2/667 CL5
    GPU................Evga e-GeForce 7900GTO 512MB
    CPU................Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 2MB L2
    HDD................Hitachi 160 GB IDE
    Disk Drive.........Sony DVD+-RW 16x IDE
    PSU................BFG 650W (on sale for 80$, 80$off!!)
    OS..................Windows XP Home SP2
    Sound card......Sound Blaster x-FI xtreme music
    Overclocked somewhat w/Arctic cooler freezer 7 pro
    other info: saitek eclipse red backlit keyboard
    cheap micro innovations wireless optical mouse
    logitech x-530 speakers (5.1)
    18" viewable KDS CRT monitor (I'll upgrade when it dies)
    about 8 80MM fans and I sleeved most of the cables
    It would be quiet but I have 1 noisy Vantek that blows like a turbine. A crappy generic case which with cammo paint and holes all over.

Default Re: ATi radeon 9250 PCI morrowind problem

If the monitor is plugged into the motherboard and not into the video card then your friend is NOT using the card unless you guys have invented some sort of new technology (psychic monitors anyone?). Onboard video will have to be disabled and AGP video enabled. There is no point to installing a video card and then not hooking a monitor to it........
    Last edited by PrairieDawg; 11-16-2006 at 12:12 PM.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Quite easy to solve, I think.

Go to your desktop right click and select properties, click on the settings tab, and look for where it says colour quality and make sure it says 32bit then go play morrowind

You also said that your monitor is connected to you mobo it should be connected to your AGP GFX card and not your onboard GFX
    Last edited by Darkmag; 11-17-2006 at 12:48 AM.

He has it set to 32 bit, he can see the changes even though its hooked up to the mobo, but the onboard can only get up to 8 bit. I guess he needs to know how to change the setting to the card, is it in the BIOS or the CP?
    thanks dudes!
    It would be quiet but I have 1 noisy Vantek that blows like a turbine. A crappy generic case which with cammo paint and holes all over.

There is no way that he is going to get anything but onboard video by connecting to the onboard video connection. It just can't happen. The setting he needs to change should be in the bios somewhere. Out of curiousity are both video cards visible and enabled in device manager?
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

He can see the Radeon, that is all. I guess he was telling me something wrong, I will tell him, thanks dawg.

Of course he can see it in the device manager. What the hell is someone without enough sense to even plug a monitor into the actual video card doing messing around inside a PC, anyway? Plug it into the ACTUAL Vid Card, go into the Bios and disable the onboard, and call it a day.

Hey guys, I just got a new PCI 9250 radeon card and when I plug my monitor into it, the display is just blank. I've already tried rebooting with the card in each different slot (3 different slots total) on my dell dimension 2400. Any ideas? Help would be greatly appreciated :)

You will most likely have to go into the BIOS setup and disable onboard video and enable PCI video.

Only two options are available in the bios; "onboard" and "auto"

ati says that a possible solution is updating the motherboard chipset drivers, so I downloaded this from intel
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/scri...12150&lang=eng

Unfortunately it doesnt add the ability to disable onboard video through BIOS.
    And when I disable the onboard through device manager or add/remove programs, the display is still just blank on the video card.

Any other ideas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information