Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: computer keeps restarting!...help!!!

Default computer keeps restarting!...help!!!

hi all!

im going crazy here! my problem is driving me mad.

for example, if i start a game then close it and then restart it again, my computer just reboots itself.

wots worse, is that i cant even start 3dmark06! computer just reboots.

whats happening?!

my specs r below:

core 2 duo 2.1ghz cpu
    geforce 7950 gt 512 mb
    2gb system memory (1gb + 1gb modules)

please help!

bye all

sam

Default Re: computer keeps restarting!...help!!!

Give me detailed specs, what motherboard, what psu, what kind of ram, the memory timing.

hi there!

ok, my motherboard is a asus p5b-vm and powered by a 500w psu. my memory is 2gb (2x1gb modules) at 533mhz.

please help me!!!

sam

Is this a new computer? Are the drivers all current? Have you looked in device manager to see if there are any issues there?
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

hi!

yes my drivers r all current (93.71) and no issues are present in device manager.

i built the computer myself. ive always built my own computers and ive never seen this problem!

bye
    Last edited by samtse; 12-11-2006 at 10:35 PM.

You refer to 93.71 (video driver) .... I assume the motherboard drivers are current as well (chipset, etc.). Have you tried running with each stick of ram independantly? You haven't mentioned your power supply unit brand name (the real power behind the scenes). Is it up to the task and are you able to test it in another machine?
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

hi dawg!

cheers for advice, i will try each ram module on its own.

i havent checked if the drivers for my motherboard are the latest ones.

i dont know the make of my psu and im sure its not a famous brand. i got it from pcworld here in uk (pcworld is big chain of pc shops)

i will try out your suggestions and let u know how it turns out...fingers crossed!

bye

sam

What is the operating system?? how frequent are the Reboots....are the reboots intermittent....off what you have mentioned it sounds more like a problem with the operating system or OS conflicts....any BSOD's in the recent past???...

does the same thing happen with directx and open gl games ?

you should monitor your pc temps and voltages, maybe you have an overheating part. i suggest you to load bios defaults and try to run the system again.

another thing: check the asus peg link mode, set it to slow, it gave me these kind of problem (plus post hang ups) when i had my x1600pro.. 'cause that peg link mode if set to normal or high, it overclocks your pci-e graphic card without question you to.

but, honestly, i think you have a software problem, and not a hardware one..
    and remember, you should download drivers in the site of the suplier of the chipsets, not the manufacturer.. (think nvidia, not xfx.. same for the mainboard)

(sorry bad english..)
    Intel Core2Quad Q6600 G0@3.6Ghz on Zalman 7700cu
    4Gb DDR2 1000 G.Skill Pi Black Series 5-5-5-12 Dual Channel
    HIS HD5770 IceQ 5 Turbo 1GB 950/5740
    Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3
    HD Seagate 500Gb 7200.11 SATA II NCQ 32Mb Buffer
    Akasa Pax Power PSU 500w Active PFC
    Akasa Zen Case
    Samsung 2233rz 120hz
    Logitech G15 V1 Keyboard
    Mtek Extreme Gaming Mouse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast