Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Noooo Audio Sound Please Please Help! I Had It!

Default Noooo Audio Sound Please Please Help! I Had It!

okay helllo firstly

secondely!"

WOULD SOMEONE HELP ME WITH MY AUDIO SOUND!!!

okay my computer got restarted from scratch yeah its "5260" model emachine and welll 1 year old .

well basicaly my computer got restarted froom scratch i as if i had it my first time The picture, al my documents, college work GONE!

okay so i started it and trying to get back to normal....BUT MY BLOOOOOOOOOOOPDY auidio sound is not working!" whenever i press play on window media player it says

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly.

i tried everything i could dooo i went to emachine site for support ,....lets say didnt help at alll always sent me to this site without a clue!!!

http://www.pcservicecall.co.uk/Layout.aspx?ID={d2bde4ad-1b2f-4dd6-a8dc-47c449ef631c}&CatID={7eb8e27d-3b7c-45e0-bfb3-6886b4584728}

so would anyone kindly help me out please please PRETTTTY PLEASE?

Default Re: Noooo Audio Sound Please Please Help! I Had It!

O.k. .... It sounds like you (or someone else) reformatted the hard drive with a recovery program or disk and your sound card drivers may be missing or the sound card itself may have problems. Have a look at your "device manager" and see if the sound card has been found and if there is an exclamation mark (!) beside it. "Device manager" can be found by right clicking on "my computer" and selecting "properties" then clicking on the "hardware" tab and clicking the "device manager" button. If you have no idea what sound card you have then downloading and installing Belarc Advisor ( http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html ) may help. Once you have identified the sound card you can prolly find a driver online for it.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

3. Default Re: Noooo Audio Sound Please Please Help! I Had It!

I had a similar problem with my dell. I went to the manufacturer website, entered the model, and selected the downloads. The driver for the onboard sound was there.

However, I tried to enter the model "5260" and I couldn't find it in the list on the eMachines download section. You need to identify the series of the computer, not just the number.

Other than that, PrairieDawg has done a nice job outlining how to find some sort of driver for that computer.

Thread Information