Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: HDTV and HDMI source sharing

Default HDTV and HDMI source sharing

I have now updated all my HD system with all HD capable sources including: HD Cable Settop Box, PS3 Blu-Ray DVD, and PC Video Card.

My HDTV is about 1 year old, and only has 1 HDMI input so I am using a Dual Output HDMI switch. www.octavainc.com/HDMI%20switch%203x2%20port.html

This one allows me to share all 3 HDMI source with the HDTV. It also has a second ouput that allows me to switch any of the sources to a second HDTV which I plan to install as a projector. So I will have the sources routed to the HDTV most of the time and for movies, I will switch it to the Projector to save on bulb time.

Default Re: HDTV and HDMI source sharing

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh View Post
    I have now updated all my HD system with all HD capable sources including: HD Cable Settop Box, PS3 Blu-Ray DVD, and PC Video Card.

My HDTV is about 1 year old, and only has 1 HDMI input so I am using a Dual Output HDMI switch. www.octavainc.com/HDMI%20switch%203x2%20port.html

This one allows me to share all 3 HDMI source with the HDTV. It also has a second ouput that allows me to switch any of the sources to a second HDTV which I plan to install as a projector. So I will have the sources routed to the HDTV most of the time and for movies, I will switch it to the Projector to save on bulb time.
    I didn't know they made them with 2 outputs. I have multiple LCD TV's in my home but none of them are close together so I don't know if I'd use that feature much.
    My main TV has only 1 HDMI input on it also so I ordered this switch a couple weeks ago to plug in a Cable box/DVR, PS3, DVD player/recorder, Sourround sound system, and a future black Xbox 360. http://www.monoprice.com/products/no...&cmd=an_submit
    It was the cheapest I could find with the most inputs that can do 1080p.

Thread Information