Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Help, home movie.

Default Help, home movie.

Somebody I know tried making a video from video clips, VHS clips, picture stills ect using Windows movie maker on Win XP. The entire file is over 2 GBs after it was finished. After burning it to a DVD-R the VHS files that were converted over played normally but the sound would get ahead of the video. Someone would say something and their lips would still be moving after the sentence was completed.

If I coverted the file to MP4 or Divx and use a media player to play the file it works fine but Burning it to a DVD using such programs as Nero7, or Clone DVD2 those bugs show up every time.

I don't know a thing about Windows movie maker so I don't know what to do to make this work on a DVD so it can be played on a home video DVD player.

Can anyone tell me what is causing this and or what to do to get this to work on DVD?

Default Re: Help, home movie.

So you're converting raw video to DVD and it desynchs, but converting it to a mpeg4 variant works? Sounds like a problem with the software. Not the first post I've seen claiming Nero had the problem. Try Ulead.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgm0th View Post
    So you're converting raw video to DVD and it desynchs, but converting it to a mpeg4 variant works? Sounds like a problem with the software. Not the first post I've seen claiming Nero had the problem. Try Ulead.

Thats what I told them. Its probably a software issue. They were blaming the DVD burner on the machine I built for them but I tried it on several different systems and it all turns out the same way.

Desynchs? And yes it works perfectly when its converted to a MP4 or divx file and played on a portable media player or a computer. Infact a Divx file burned to a DVD-R works fine in a home DVD player that is capable of playing Divx. I'll suggest to them to try Ulead next time that happens but as I said I also tried using Clone DVD2 and that did the same as Nero. I'm not really sure what they used to convert those VHS files but I'm almost thinking the problem started there. Its got me rattling my brain why it only messes up when its recorded to a DVD to make playable on a standard home DVD player but not on any other format. We even tried other types on DVD-R media.

desynchs = de-synchronizes

If they were running a VHS through a TV capture card or something, that is very likely the problem. Many, many cards have this problem, especially the cheaper ones.

It can't be the DVD burner. The burner itself isn't involved enough for it to cause this problem. It's always the software or the video files themselves.

Thread Information