Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Strange Random Sound

Default Strange Random Sound

I have Windows XP running on my desktop. I just got back from college and this computer got limited use while i was away at college. But now when i have my speakers on it randomly makes a windows sound. the only way i can describe the sound iis that in control panel if you are in classic view and you click on "sounds and audio devices" then click the sounds tab, then go down to program events box, theres a list of sounds. the sound i am experiencing is "Default Beep." there is a little play button next to browse. and you can here it.

I have tried finding a pattern to this sound playing. but i cannot. it seems to be totally random. sometimes itll go then not go for a while. somtimes itll go twice in a row. just random. its really annoying when i am listening to music or watching a movie. i really am at a last whim here. my next step would be to reformat. but i want to try and avoid that.

any help would be appreciated. thanks

Default Re: Strange Random Sound

Any time your machine gets a mind of its own, it is a good idea to run a malware scanner and see if something got loaded while you were away.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thread Information