Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: problem with graphic cards seeing triangles and grey straight lines in games

Default problem with graphic cards seeing triangles and grey straight lines in games

hi im having troubles with my graphics card on pc need help!!!

pc specs:

pentium 4 3.4gb 650 with zalman 9500 led cooler
    250gb diamond max 21 sata hdd
    asrock quad core dual vista mobo
    550w power supply with blue led fans got told 120 to buy
    asus en7600gt graphic card fitted with a zalman vf900 heatsinknfan

and im havin trouble when playing games

most games work i know my card will play most games at highest settings but recently i change from the stock cooler to the zalman and roughly at the same time i tried to update the driver for my graphic card when i went toasus website it redirected me to nividia site to download driver there
    ever since i did this there are weird triangle shapes nd lines in my games itmainly happens when there i a lot of sunlight in games

e.g. ghost recon advanced warfighter
    which has a lot of sunlight

so anybody have any ideas

wondern is it cos of the driver i put on i have tken it off now and reverted to the original i havent had the chance to wipe xpoff the cmpter yet as constantly downloadin

do i have a problem with the new zalman hsf i dont thinks so

o do i have a heat problem with my chipset on mobo

also i bought a new case and it has temperature sensor for cpu where do i fit this? in between cpu and zalman hsf ? if so willi lose ot of cpu
    any how im really in apickle and dont quite know wat to do

so get back asap respect the help as i need it badly

Default Re: problem with graphic cards seeing triangles and grey straight lines in games

It could be a heat issue if you didn't get the termal paste just right or if the heatsink/fan isn't sitting perfectly square on the GPU. Have you checked to see what temp your videocard is at? Even the software temperature information should give you some idea of how hot it is ... mine is currently 53C.

Temp probes should not be placed between processor and heatsink. The gap will cause major overheating. Just place it as close to the edge of the processor as you can. You may not get a perfect reading but you will certainly know if the temp is going up or down.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Default Re: problem with graphic cards seeing triangles and grey straight lines in games

1 scan your system with anti viruses or spy ware.
    2 re-install your graphic driver. from original CD.

Thread Information