Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: MY 7950GX2 set on fire in my case????

Default MY 7950GX2 set on fire in my case????

I was playing some game on my comp, and my computer just shut off so i turned it on well that was the mistake my 7950 gx2 set on fire then. Does anyone know why this happened. Before it went i remmeber looking at the temps at the card becasue it was acting weird. the temps were 67c

am2 FX-62
    2 7950 gx2s both broken one set on fire
    2 gigs of ram corsair ddr2800ocz gamerxtream 700 watt psu

Default Re: MY 7950GX2 set on fire in my case????

Can't say for sure about the catching fire, but if the fan stops working on a high-end graphics board it can burn out the GPU pretty easily.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thanks yah iam RMA it but they said they may not cover burns. even thought i had nothing to do with it. So i have to send them in and i might not even get my cards replaced. Since i bought them they barely would ever run quad gpu either i got the crappy 2 out of the groups of 7950gx2s

Might see if instead of replacing them, they give you a credit for the purchase of something better. There are quite a few very solid performing video boards out since that series.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quad SLI never had proper driver support and I warned you months ago that it was not worth it unless you were running a 30" super high res LCD or larger. I am sorry to hear this news though, that really sucks. I highly doubt they will RMA a card with electrical burns. If they did indeed burn, that motherboard is probably toast too. Sure sounds like your case cooling and airflow is not up to snuff. What case do you have?
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

i have a thermaltake case and iam still waiting for the news for gigabyte about my cards being rma. I play off a 47inch at 1920x1080 res and a 24 inch dell 1920x1080 res. I hope they rma it Thanks for the help

Thread Information