Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 8800 GTS vs. GT

Default 8800 GTS vs. GT

I saw this 8800 GTS for $300, which seems like a great price for a GTS with 320MB DDR3 and Dual 400 MHz RAMDAC and a factory core clock of 650 MHz

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3335390&CatId=1558<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Now I know that the 8800 GT is coming out. I have seen some benchmarks and they look good definitively the 8800 GT seems faster then the GTS. <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    The question is in the details. I can pick up the Fatal1ly GTS for $300, my questions is does anyone think that a $300 8800 GTS will be faster then a $300 8800 GT?<o:p></o:p>
    What kind of overclocks do you think the 8800 GT will get?<o:p></o:p>
    I need a card now, but I could wait a little while, but I am thinking that for the price point, I might not get that much more performance.<o:p></o:p>
    What do you think?<o:p></o:p>

Default Re: 8800 GTS vs. GT

Even if it is faster, you won't notice the difference in real world gaming. Not worth waiting in my book.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Man that is some of the worst advice i have heard in ages. GO for the 8800GT...you will be really stupid if your not willing to wait a little bit for a far superior card which has more memory and equals a gtx in some games(look a vr-zone review).And some benchies see a 30fps difference. You might not notice it when the games are running smoothly but when your 8800gts cant keep up and the 8800GT is still purring along then you will be sorry if you went for the GTS!

Look at the vr-zone article where they OC'ed it nicely. I think it was 720/2010. But have a look for yourself.
    Last edited by ZenbaaS; 10-30-2007 at 12:26 AM.

I agree, right now the GT is the better deal. I have a GTX and am considering getting what i can for it on eBay and buying two GT's in SLI.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenbaaS View Post
    Man that is some of the worst advice i have heard in ages. GO for the 8800GT...you will be really stupid if your not willing to wait a little bit for a far superior card which has more memory and equals a gtx in some games(look a vr-zone review).And some benchies see a 30fps difference. You might not notice it when the games are running smoothly but when your 8800gts cant keep up and the 8800GT is still purring along then you will be sorry if you went for the GTS!

Look at the vr-zone article where they OC'ed it nicely. I think it was 720/2010. But have a look for yourself.
    Listen pal, I posted my answer BEFORE the reviews were out and there was little info to go buy that the 8800GT was going to be like it is. There has been so much misinformation about this card that I was merely going by what I heard. If you like to be insulting and joining forums to act insulting then you will not last long. I have never claimed I am 100% right and you should not claim that you are considering you are using information that I did not have. Next time you feel like being an ass, remember you won't be around to answer back.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Thread Information