Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: gameplay graphics/hardware question

Default gameplay graphics/hardware question

Hello. I have a question.

This is a built PC. My system specs are:
    Case: RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WBP
    PSU: Ultra V-Series ULT31841 500-Watt PSU
    MoBo: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 nForce 570 SLI
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ ADA5200CSBOX Windsor
    RAM: 2GB A-DATA ADQVE1A16K [PC2 6400]
    Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda ST3250620AS 250GB sata
    GPU: EVGA GeForce 8600 GTS 512-P2-N773-AR
    Display: Acer AL2216WBD
    Optical Drv: LG GSA-H55NK DVD Burner
    Fans: 1x 120mm and 4x 80mm
    Resolution: 1680 x 1050 32bit (this is the setting we use for the games that are capable of displaying that resolution.)

I have all of the Age of Empires, all of the Empire Earth games, Rise of Nations & Legends. I can put the settings on max on all of these. Even Enemy Teritory & QAUKE 4 can be put on max and still runs smoothly but I cannot put Empire Earth 3 on max. For some reason when I get into a big battle it gets choppy. I was told that I have a really good system and the card is a really good card that should be able to handle the game on max but it doesnít, so what should I do cause I donít know too much about computers and I love these types of games where you build up. I was thinking about getting world in conflict but if I canít put Empire Earth 3 up to max then it more than likely will not handle World in Conflict. Iím sorry for asking you for help but Iím in the military living overseas so getting parts and asking for help is hard. Thank you for your help and if you think I need to change something then can you tell me what the item is, model, and possibly a link? thank you again.

-sehana-

Default Re: gameplay graphics/hardware question

It looks like the system requirements for this game is pretty hefty,

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

- 1.7 GHz Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4, AMD(R) Athlon(TM) XP processor or equivalent
    - NVIDIA(R) GeForce(TM) 6000 series graphics card or equivalent DirectX(R) 9.0c-compliant 128 MB 3D video card supporting hardware T&L and Shader Model 2.0 or higher
    - 512 MB RAM
    - 4.5 GB of uncompressed hard disk space for game files
    - Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 32-BIT XP or Vista operating system
    - DirectX(R) 9.0c (included)
    - DirectX(R)-compatible sound card and speakers or headphones
    - DVD drive
    - Microsoft(R) compatible mouse and keyboard
    - Internet Connection: Cable/DSL or faster for online play

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    - 3.2 GHz Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4, 2.2 GHz AMD(R) Athlon(TM) 64 3500+ or faster processor (dual core Pentium D, Core 2 Duo or Athlon X2/FX processor recommended).
    - NVIDIA(R) GeForce(TM) 7000 series graphics card or equivalent DirectX(R) 9.0c-compliant 256 MB 3D video card supporting hardware T&L and Shader Model 3.0 or higher (512 MB SLI compatible 3D video cards recommended)
    - 1 GB RAM or more
    - 1 GB or greater Virtual Memory Swap File
    - 6 GB of uncompressed hard disk space for game files
    - Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 32-BIT XP or Vista operating system
    - DirectX(R) 9.0c (included)
    - DirectX(R)-compatible sound card

I dont think your graphics card is up to scratch, that is why your seeing very slow framerates in battles and plus, the more units on screen the more texture memory and memory bandwidth is required.

I suggest you lower the resolution or graphics level to a playable level, say 1280x1024

The games you mentioned previously are older generation games, this is why you can play it all on max with the 8600GTS

MY suggestion is that you should buy another 8600GTS and put it in SLI mode since your MB already supports SLI

Readers?

http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/1088/1 heres a series of benchmarks of 8600GTS in SLI
    Last edited by randomness; 11-21-2007 at 07:40 AM.

Ah i see what u are saying about the older games. i am looking into setting up SLI if that's what it takes to run it well. thanks for the link.

Thread Information