Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Connecting HD TV Tuner to Cable Box

Default Connecting HD TV Tuner to Cable Box

I'm considering upgrading to HDTV from Cox Cable, as well as upgrading my entire computer that's being used primarily as a mediacenter. For the life of me, I cannot find out how to connect and HD capable tv tuner to an HD cox cable box.

My current setup is a coax cable from my wall going to cox's standard scientific atlanta cable box. Another coax cable comes from the cable box to my ATI All-In-Wonder 9800SE graphics card/tvtuner. This is where the problem exists. From what I've gathered, when using HD cable from cox, there is no coax for TV OUT, you must use an hdmi cable or Y Pb Pr component connectors.

If anyone has any insight regarding this, it would be much appreciated.

Default Re: Connecting HD TV Tuner to Cable Box

hmmmm

I'm using an itgate for my sat tv box - it streams the feed so any pc with vlc on it can watch

mediaportal supports itgates & dreambox's with the enigma interface so I change channel on my itgate which lives in my shed via the remote in my home theater, or via a webpage

I'd suggest that you investigate the possiblity of getting a third party box to use on cox cable.

I think there are versions of itgate's & dreambox's that support cable

Thread Information