Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Humming noise coming from audio cable?

Question Humming noise coming from audio cable?

This is my system: Gigabyte P35-DS4 Rev2.1, Quad Q6600 SLACR, PCP&C Silencer 610, 2 x 1GB G.SKILL PC6400, Thermalright Ultra120E, running Windows XP Home (SP2).

I have updated the Realtek audio driver (5.10.0.5497) and have the Realtek HD Audio Manager set up for my Logitech X-530 5.1 surround speakers. I bought a Belkin Y Audio Cable to hook up to my TV (Hitachi 57" projection screen) because someone had suggested that I could just plug the 3.5mm connector into the Line-In jack on the I/O panel of my MB to get sound from the TV.

I made sure to enable the extra options in volume control first, including "Rear Blue In" which is for the Line-In jack. I made sure that nothing is muted. I am able to get sound through all the speakers from my TV, but there is a low humming noise that will only go away if I remove the RCA plugs from the back of the TV.

I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with this and could offer some suggestions. If anyone needs to see pictures of this set up just let me know.

Thanks.

Default Re: Humming noise coming from audio cable?

No one??

Today I fooled around with it some more and I've narrowed it down to just the Y-cable. I get good sound through the PC speakers from the TV when I plug the Y-cable into the Line-In jack on the back of the PC, but then I can hear that low, steady hum in the background. This hum will stop if I unplug the two red/white RCA jacks (on the Y-cable) from the back of the TV.

So all I need to do is figure out why I'm getting that hum when the Y-cable is plugged in. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them.

Thanks.

it should work provided its a proper line out from the TV, not an amplified signal.

not sure where your interference is coming from

"I bought a Belkin Y Audio Cable"

Noise is coming from there mate, either remove or upgrade with shielded version of same thing.
    cheers

James Vozar
    Tweaktown.com

Thread Information