Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9600GT Problem (PCI-E Link @ x1)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: 9600GT Problem (PCI-E Link @ x1)

Yeap, RMA means return it for a new one. PCB is the actual board the card has all the electronics on.

Ya you would need a reciept to return the card, you should have sent a copy of the reciept with your rebate. You may be out of luck and have to buy a new card. You could try telling them you got it as a gift from a grandparent that did not keep the reciept

So are you running the card without a 6 pin connector? What you hear may or may not be true, and you may need a better PSU

Yeap, just looked at the card specs this is what you need for PSU >>>

# 400W PCI ExpressR-compliant system power supply with a combined 12V current rating of 26A or more

# One 6-pin PCI ExpressR supplementary power connector -or- Two 4-pin MolexR supplementary power connector

Yes. I have the pci e 6 pin connector connected, i tryed the one that came with the card aswell but it still dosnt fix it.

Yeah, i should have sent a copy :(

im just gunna buy three new parts and build a good pc :)

nVidia nForce 750i SLI is advertised right on this page rofl. but i picked it out be4 i seen it. i was gunna get the best one for 350 but naa. ill get that when its needed.

Im gettin this psu:

Antec TP3-650 TruePower Trio 650W ATX12V it even says sli cirtified :) for 100$

its the best cheapest one i can find :)

and one of these cases, gunna pick it out when i c them up close in canada computers;

Canada Computers - Cases > Mid Towers : NZXT LEXA Blackline ATX Case Blue No PS Temp Display Window Front USB & Audio (LEXA-BLACKLINE).

OR
    Canada Computers - Cases > Mid Towers : Cooler Master 690 NV-690C-KWN1-GP NVIDIA Edition Mid Tower Case.

I just have one more question, my pc is the dell dimention 9200:

http://www.hardware.info/en-US/produ...imension_9200/

Will my cpu, gpu, ram and hard drive compatable with these new parts and
    Will the psu have all my connectors i need?
    I have the soundblaster x-fi extreme music and it also has a speasialized powercord goin directly to the psu. how am i gunna fix that now lol :s

here is the soundblaster cord:

http://www.hardware.info/en-US/produ...jK/viewphoto/8

All together its only about 460 bucks for my new pc :) not bad

thx for the help man :)
    Last edited by HELP!; 11-04-2008 at 01:39 PM.

One more Quetion, Will the power supply that comes with the NZXT LEXA Blackline ATX Case be good enough to power the 9600gt? it says 12v :)

this way i can buy

Canada Computers - Speakers > 5.1+ Speaker Systems : Logitech (970102) Z-5300e 5.1 Speaker System - 280W RMS - THX-Certified - (Retail Box).

insted lol

cause i only have around 500$ to spend :(

And befor i buy another card for sli ill just upgrade the psu then.

Would that be ok?

im not sure what the psu is that comes with the nivida case

i wonder if that one is even beter?

ALSO

*if the power supply doesnt work or doesnt come with the case at the same price its listed at; can i fit that new mobo in the dimenstion 9200 case? Along with the new psu?

I dont care about the x16 anymore, im gunna put the 7900gs back in and give it back to my dad. He builds his website on an old crappy computer , its an old dell xps P4 700mhz 512 ram lol Hes still playin 85 bucks a month for it lol.
    Last edited by HELP!; 11-04-2008 at 01:56 PM.

Ya, all that will work in a different case. And yes that PSU will have all the connectors you need

No, free PSU's with cases should never be used, if you have to use it while you wait for a week that will be ok

NO, you cannot put a new board in Dell case, or the PSU as Dell uses BTX standard not ATX so the board and PSU would not work/fit at all

Ya, all that will work in a different case. And yes that PSU will have all the connectors you need

No, free PSU's with cases should never be used, if you have to use it while you wait for a week that will be ok

NO, you cannot put a new board in Dell case, or the PSU as Dell uses BTX standard not ATX so the board and PSU would not work/fit at all

why would you go through all that trouble man just buy a case without the power supply to try and save some money and than spend more on the power supply, the power supply is something to never to go cheap on it will save you the headache in the long run and yea you can spend less than $100 on a power supply but you gotta find another site man there to expensive + i dont think that one will work.

* having the x1 problem aswell p35 ds3l 2.0

lol to expensive? im not buyin online. Im goin right into the store. And Canada Computers has some of the cheapest prices considerin im not buyin from like newegg or whatever. If i could i would but they dont deliver In canada :(

I just wanted to use that psu until i buy a new Gpu. I dont c why it wouldent work. My pc isint a monster lol 500 watts should be enough.
    I dont no much about psu's tho. What atx, btx, 12v an all that. thats y i need help ;/

i put my 7900gs back in and its x16 again lol. How anoying is that. Mabey its the card itself?

Ok, What about this one then?

Canada Computers - Power Supplies/Management > Desktop Power Supplies : Cooler Master Extreme Power 550W ATX 12V V2.01 Silent Power Supply 20/24PIN 120MM Fan.

thx

PS. if is ends up that is doesnt work. Then canada computers will let me exchange it for a beter one and il just have to pay the diffrence. Plus i dont have to wait for it to get deliverd. just a couple advantages than from buyin online :P

Right never go cheap on your PSU as it is the single MOST IMPORTANT Part of your system

And no, that one has split rails of 16A each, not very good. I would look for one with a single 40A or more or one with a split rails if you have to with at least 25 on each rail

Ok i dont understand the vrails and i cant find anything that says 40 lol but

Will this one work? :/

Canada Computers - Power Supplies/Management > Desktop Power Supplies : Antec NEOPOWER 550 550W ATX12V V2.2 80mm Fan 80PLUS ROHS Power Supply.

Mabey u can find one for me on that site. I dont c why i would need a psu more than 100$ lol :)
    Thats almsot more than my GPU.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information