Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: video editing

I need to take my 8mm camcorder and hook it up to my PC and use adobe premier 6 to edit the tape then save it back on the 8mm or VCR tape i can just use 8mm if its easier whatever way

i have ati radeon 8500 card

im clueless on how to hook it up to my computer since its not digital with firewire

:cry:
    dell dimension 8100
    p4 1.3 gighertz
    640mb rd-ram
    dvd-rom, cd-rw
    ati radeon 8500 64mb
    windows xp professional corp.
    Adobe Premiere 6.0

Beefy Guest

Is your radeon one of the All-In-Wonder cards with a video input?

no it is a regular
    dell dimension 8100
    p4 1.3 gighertz
    640mb rd-ram
    dvd-rom, cd-rw
    ati radeon 8500 64mb
    windows xp professional corp.
    Adobe Premiere 6.0

Then, no. The normal 8500's all have outputs. You'll need an AIW or someother means of getting it onto your PC. Firewire cards run around $50-60 USD locally, but it may vary from place to place.

Beefy Guest

Like you said yourself, firewire isn't going to help here, as you are using an analog video source. There are a couple things you can do:

Firstly, there are some cheap TV / Video input cards you can buy and plug into a PCI slot. Just search around for these.

Then there's the slightly more professional (ie. expensive) models which have more bells and whistles, and are generally of a higher standard than the cheap ones..

Thirdly, you can actually get USB devices that allow you to play and record video from an analog source as well. I don't know too much about these though.

Finally, you could always buy a new video card to replace your current 8500, but that's a waste of money unless you can trade it in or sell it elsewhere...

I've seen a few 'Dazzle Video' products like Beefy suggested, including a USB connector. They do seem to be kinda pricey tho--almost to the point of you buying a new video card:eek: This doesn't include all, but I have seen some rather costly ones...

i have a Belkin USB Video Bus which is a short lead with Analog video -> USB adapters. I love these things, they are cheap ($100 from computer markets) and do the job perfectly for those who dont have a dv with firewire. everyone has a usb port. I use it regularly for webcasting, even from my dv. they come with their own edit suites though u are right to use premiere. i love handy little gadgets like this, and imho analog cap cards should take a hint from the dodo ;)
    Flying low w/ Celeron 900Mhz * Asus TUSL2-C mobo (I815E-P) * 256mg 133 SDram * GF2 mx400 * 40gig + 80gig Seagate 7200x hdds * SB Live *CDRW * 300 watt PSU * Win98SE * DirectX 8.1 * Detonators 29.41 * Sony DV / MD capturing

If you get something like the Pinnacle DC 10 Plus, you'll have the advantage of hardware based video acceleration, which is a big plus when you go to compile your video project, especially if it has a lot of effects in it.

Thread Information