Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: The "hide modes this monitor can't display" box is grayed out.

Default The "hide modes this monitor can't display" box is grayed out.

Greetings everybody

This is one very annoying problem that has been bothering me for a long time. It seems from time to time that the "hide modes this monitor can't display" box is grayed out for no reason at all and sometimes its available; the unsupported screen resolution modes and refresh rates are available (which I don't like) because my games, especially FS9 automatically adjust to unsupported resolutions and the screen goes blank; saying the monitor is out of frequency, then resets.

Sometimes when I restart my computer, the check box is grayed out. This is a problem because anytime I update my ATI Radeon x1950 Pro graphics card, my resolution resets to a really low value, like 1080x1050 or 800x600 and I have to pan around my desktop instead and change it back. Everytime this happens, I change my resolution back to 1680x1050. Is there anyway to make the "hide modes this monitor can't display" box available permanently? I have a Westinghouse 22 inch LCD monitor coupled with an ATI x1950 Pro graphics card. Also sometimes when I restart, my monitor is in panning mode. When this happens, I have to reconfigure the catalyst control center settings. The funny thing is though, as suddenly as these problems appear, they disappear and I have no idea how. These problems are really annoying and I am starting to regret that I bought an ATI graphics card.

Thanks for your help
    Last edited by bigglesworth08; 05-26-2008 at 11:55 PM.

Default Re: The "hide modes this monitor can't display" box is grayed out.

are you on the newest catalyst? if so go back to the very first drviers and catalyst, if you're not at the latest then try upgrading to the latest

Thread Information