Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Emerson HDTV over S-Video Poor Quality on XFX 8600

Default Emerson HDTV over S-Video Poor Quality on XFX 8600

I have an XFX 8600 XXX Alpha Dog powering my 17" Envision. I recently hooked up an Emerson LC195EM82 19" widescreen HDTV over the S-Video of my video card and I have an absolutely terrible picture...extremely blurry. I'm using Nvidia's control panel, but I can only get 1024x768, 32 bit, leaving about an inch on either side of the TV. I've read through the Emerson manual and settings and can't find any way to sharpen or change the quality or size beyond what I have now without stretching it. I tried connecting one of those splitter cables in to my 8600's s-video output that has composite, standard video, and s-video. In composite, I get a black and white display, but the quality remains the same. Emerson's website does not have any computer drivers, so I wanted to know if there were any further Nvidia or standalone drivers I need to install to get a better quality output. I've tried running the TV with S-video on a different laptop but get the same poor quality, which leads me to believe it's either the hardware itself or a driver issue. I know the TV works fine, I just had it hooked up to a Blu-Ray DVD player over composite. Any ideas or input would be appreciated. If I didn't specify anything, let me know so I can get this going. I really don't have the money to go out and buy a new monitor and lose the HDTV...you know how it goes. Thanks.

Default Re: Emerson HDTV over S-Video Poor Quality on XFX 8600

s video isnt even meant for that resolution, you should have it hooked up with at least cmpt or better hdmi, is it a tv or a moniter? if its a moniter it should have vga, so use that if it has anything higher like dvi or hdmi use those

Thread Information