Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eax

Quote Originally Posted by zeradul

Just about every FPS has supported it since Quake 1.
    MOH:AA did a horrible job with stereo separation. Very frustrating not being able to tell where the sound came from.
    I was just letting ZZILVER know that CS did...since he mentioned that he didn't know a single game that supported it...:)
    - Damien

Quote Originally Posted by Flaco

I was just letting ZZILVER know that CS did...since he mentioned that he didn't know a single game that supported it...:)
    Hey!
    Its says NEWBIE TWEAKER,

I am just living up to the name

:laugh: :laugh:

(how do you center these smileys? :?:

I haven't mentioned anything negative...i was simply explaining zeradul why i mention the EAX support on CS...ideas are always welcome; i myself am wrong at times...no biggy...: peace2:
    - Damien

Let me clarify a bit.

EAX is not what I was speaking of. Technically EAX is a technology only necessary if more than one person is listening to the sounds per each set of speakers.

What I mean is this. Everyone has two ears. No more, no less. Therefore, a good pair of headphones can recreate sounds coming from every direction that you can hear them coming from in real life.

EAX recreates sound effects for an entire 'field' in which people in that field (movie theatre) ALL hear the sounds moving around them. For one viewer, two speakers, in the form of headphones does the trick just as well IF the software/(sound source) has stereo separation. Something Quake 1 was the first to have, and most FPS's have had since.

EAX is great for DVD's. But for gaming it is only good for people without headphones, or those games that have multiple players per computer. Ask any gamer and they will tell you that headphones are as necessary as using the mouse.

Well....

I am just joking :rolleyes:

ZERADUL THE EAX MAN...much love to everyone...PEACE: peace2:
    - Damien

My EAX works with my Exitgy card and I get awesome surround sound on SOF2 with my Creative 4.1's

:cool: My EAX works well with my Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. It has software to tweak the settings for your ears/setup. I like to hear death coming.

I dont think the Santa Cruz card has EAX Advanced HD like the Audigy

No only EAX 1.0 and 2.0 support. ;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information