Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eax

Does my creative live player 5.1 support the "EAX" 3d sorround sound? When i try to activate the EAX option in sof2 the game goes to default driver instead, (direct sound). I haven't checked for any driver upgrades yet, i use the driver that came with the card. I wanted to ask you guys if the card supports it at all first...

:confused:

No wrong, when i apply the EAX option it goes to "non driver" mode... Direct sound is all i can use.

Beefy Guest

Surprisingly, the same thing happens to me when I try turn EAX on. Dunno why though...

Ask Creative then as EAX is their baby since the Live cards came out. ;)

That i'l do, wanna a bet they gonna blame the gamemanufacturer...? hehe

Only audigy cards support EAX 3D.

And to be honest, I do not know a single game that does. So at the moment there is nothing to worry about.

Beware that 3D EAX is not 3D audio.

:wave:

Counter-Strike supports it...and is sweet...you can tell where the direction of footsteps and gunshots are coming from...SWEET!:D
    - Damien

Yessir, positional audio is as much a boost to the gaming experience as 3D graphics
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Beefy Guest

To fix the problem with Solider of Fortune 2, simply have a look on your 1st SoF2 CD, hidden away in one of the folders somewhere is a little program called OpenAL.. That'll fix everything up for you. ;)

Counter-Strike supports it...and is sweet...you can tell where the direction of footsteps and gunshots are coming from...SWEET!
    Just about every FPS has supported it since Quake 1.
    MOH:AA did a horrible job with stereo separation. Very frustrating not being able to tell where the sound came from.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information