Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: What would you do?

Default What would you do?

I just reinstalled XP Pro on one of my computers. My question is about the Creative drivers for an audigy 2 ZS gamer card. I installed the the newest driver I could from their site but had trouble from the start. The screen that comes up when you install takes up the whole screen and it goes through its process of installation. Up pops a box from MS that says something about the drivers and do you want to continue to install. Yes and off we go. Another box comes up about further installation and just hangs there and does not go any further. I have to ctrl alt del to bring up the task manager to exit because it has been 15 minutes and nothing. When I stop the process there is another box behind that I can't get to about about the continue to install. So now I don't have a good install. It says the audigy driver is there but many of the other things don't work. I tried to uninstall but it won't uninstall fully. I went to device manager and unistalled that way and then reinstalled the download but it does the same thing over and over where it just sticks at that one point.
    I was wondering if I should just get a new soundcard so I get new drivers. This card is 3-4 years old and maybe a change would be good. I hope this makes sense.
    Windows 7 Professional
    (2)-ASUS VS248H-P Black 24" Monitor
    CORSAIR Hydro Series H60 (CWCH60) Liquid CPU Cooler
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Kingston Hyper X Blu 16GB
    Intel Xeon E3-1245 V2 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Server Processor
    High Current Pro HCP-750 750W TX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS GOLD
    SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC256B/WW 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive
    3 -2TB Western Digital Black HDD
    Rosewill RDCR-11003 74-in-1 USB3.0 3.5 Internal Card Reader
    1 Asus Blu Ray Burner
    1 Plextor DVD Burner

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: What would you do?

Did you install Sp2 or Sp3 yet? If not please install one of them.

Then please install this Intel Driver package and then reboot and try to install your card driver again. (You will want to download the file named infinst_autol.exe) >>>
    Download Software, Drivers and Utilities Filters

You should try these first, Intel ones last >>>

Then please install the AMD Chipset Driver package and then reboot and try to install your card driver again. There is all other drivers there as well. Or you likely can use the one on your motherboard disk if you have it>>>>
    http://www.epox.com/USA/downloads.as...-9NPAplusULTRA

AMD Drivers also here >>>
    http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/...1_2336,00.html

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_chipset.aspx
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 08-28-2008 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Then please install this Intel Driver package and then reboot and try to install your card driver again. (You will want to download the file named infinst_autol.exe) >>>
    Download Software, Drivers and Utilities Filters
    I hope that his other system isn't AMD as well.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yeah, I should also be linking him with the AMD Chipset package

Dont know how I missed that. It would be ok though as I have used the Intel package to get USB devices and other peripherals working on AMD systems. It will scan and only install needed drivers
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 08-28-2008 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Dont know how I missed that.
    I don't know either but you seem to do it quite a bit.

Thread Information