Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Red text gets distorted

Default Red text gets distorted

For some reason, red text gets distorted and thin fonts are harder to read than they should be.

I'm using a 37" LCD monitor (think it's 1080i) and a 4870x2 GPU. I'm guessing it's the monitor since i've seen it display red bars in ways they were not intended to be while playing old playstation games. But i haven't had any such problems with any PS3 games, and all red colours look perfectly fine when they're not part of a text.

Is there anything i can do to fix it?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Red text gets distorted

Activated Cleartype.
    The problem with thin text being hard to read is gone, which i'm thankful for.

Cleartype won't fix the red text though, since i mostly just see text in different coulours while playing old Fallout games, World of Warcraft, or use applications such as photoshop.

EDIT: Now i'm seeing yellow stuff around the text, pretty much right after activating Cleartype.
    Last edited by Roy-Kr; 10-15-2008 at 12:38 AM.

Hmm, Must be the large monitor then is all I could think of. Maybe someone else with better monitor experience can help more then I can

Did you use the ClearType Tuner >>>
    http://www.microsoft.com/typography/...ner/step1.aspx

Not sure how that works above or if it even does like that from the web, here is the installer page/info >>>
    http://www.microsoft.com/typography/...ePowertoy.mspx

Have you messed around any in the ATI Control panel with the many settings?
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 10-15-2008 at 04:34 PM.

I've set the 3D settings in the Catalyst Control Center, the other settings are on default.
    Tried the tuner, didn't make much of a difference.

Seems like the lines get smoothed out.
    Rather than going directly from 0% to 100%, a 1 pixel line appears in between, containing varying values.

It's impossible to notice on anything over 2 pixels unless i've got my eyes close enough to the screen to see the red, green and blue of every pixel seperately, but things that consist of no more than 1-2 pixels are a problem.

Sorry I cannot be of more help, Hopefully someone with large Monitor experience will chime in and give you their thoughts

Just registered to say I've got the same problem with my Radeon 4850 outputting HDMI to a Samsung LN52A650...

Currently using Catalyst 8.9 on Windows Vista 64-bit

Thread Information