Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: i think i hate this computer

Unhappy i think i hate this computer

I am having a problem and I thought it might be simple to fix. Boy was I wrong! My dad has a computer, no clue what it is as it is a "homemade" computer. It was given to him with a new hard drive and was told all he had to do was install windows and he was good to go. After installing he discovered that it had no sound what so ever..Thus the problem landed in my hands. It shows to not have the audio drivers AT ALL. I have tried several different things and I can't find the drivers anywhere. It is operatating windows xp home version. Also it has intel pentium? If anyone can suggest anything other than just giving it up as a lost cause to my dad i would be so grateful. This has been a headache now for 2 weeks so I'm game to try anything within reason that would work. Please?

Default Re: i think i hate this computer

What kind of motherboard is it? Check the brand and model number to find out what drivers to use for the buil-in sound. Failing that, I would simply pick up an el cheapo sound card.

Default Re: i think i hate this computer

Download PC Wizard PC Wizard 2008 - Download or Belarc Advisor Belarc Advisor - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com and you should be able to find out just what components are in the box. I'm guessing that you are probably missing more than just sound drivers if all you did was install Windows. You should probably start out with downloading the motherboard drivers (as suggested) and go from there. In addition to motherboard drivers you may need separate LAN, audio, modem, and video drivers ... possibly others .... in order to get full potential from your computer.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Thread Information