Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Problem Creative XFI XtremeMusic dell XPS 600

Default Problem Creative XFI XtremeMusic dell XPS 600

well my hard drive died so i got a new one... no problem except my windows disk from dell was destroyed on arrival and has been usless since day one. so ive been manually installing all my drivers and all has been well up to the sound card. Creative XFI XtremeMusic. the dell drivers give me the bluscreen of death, halfway through installation. and the creative ones dont seem to work at all??? any ideas?

Default Re: Problem Creative XFI XtremeMusic dell XPS 600

Try Windows Update and see if they will load a default set of drivers that will work. I have had a lot of luck in the past using this method, especially on OEM machines.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thumbs up Re: Problem Creative XFI XtremeMusic dell XPS 600

after scouring forums and numourus websites for over a day and a half i found a solution... the problem lies in teh fact that it is a creative labs card made only for dell so the drivers from creative wont work because its not listed the model# is sb0467. i enabled the onboard audio after reinstalling my mother board drivers. installed ALC850 realtek driver. to the onboard audio card. while it was still active i installed the creative lab ones anyway to the sb0467 card because it still wasnt working, restarted and it works... i dont know why nor do i care lol but hopefully anyone else with a dell keeps thier applicatons disks in good shape. cause thats the only way other than pure luck you can get these cards back in action...

i hope other people find this helpfull
    and thanks for the time to respond dart

Thread Information