Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DVD Burning

Pretty nifty!!!
    Downloaded a program called DeCss 1.2 by MoRE not saying where., but after renaming a certain dll file, I got the program running and in the process now of decripting "Unbreakable" from DVD drive to my hard drive folder "Unbreakable". Not that I need to, as I own the movie..but I don't overclock either because I need to... because I can. *S*

Thanks Wiggo!

Oh, and found some more goodies around as well. It might be inetersting to find out if I can copy the folder I just "created" to a DVD ROM with a DVD burner?? Hmmmm.. Possible??

Anyays, you guys are great and I sincerly thank you very much!!! I'm sending this on the other computer while "compiling/decompiling code".. ie descrambling on my other computer.. I have a computer I built with Athlon 1700+ OC to 1.700 GHz with 512 DDr ram on an KR7A-133 Mohterboard..refurbished from www.newegg.com, with the 40 GB ATA 133 Maxtor HD. etc etc.

This computer has my old Abit KT7A ver 1.3 motherboard with 256 MB RAM and a 30 GB HD..it's my spare.. *S*

Thanks guys,, again!!!
    "Former Nebraskan... fix it with bailin' wire."
    Vern

SYSTEM:
    MULTIBOOT -> Windows XP, ME and Mandrake 9.2 Linux

Abit KV8-MAX3
    AMD 64 Clawhammer 3200+

Kingston Hyper X 1GB DDR CAS 2 set agressively!
    Custom fan cooler for CPU
    USB 2.0 all onboard no card
    GeForce4 MX440 AGP 64MB DDR Video Card
    10/100 NIC 3Com onboard
    Leadtek TV 2000 XP video input card PCI
    160 GB ATA 133 Maxtor HD 8MB buffer
    350 W Enermax PS
    Toshiba DVD ROM drive
    Yamaha CD Burner
    Pioneer DVR-105 DVD Burner
    Logitec optical mouse on adapter
    DW 6000 Satellite 2-Way internet connection

jenefarm@direcway.com

riphelp.com has some good info too

Now, new delights bring new questions. *S*

I copied the movie "Unbreakable" to a folder in my hard drive called "Unbreakable", however, when I play the movie from 'WinDVD' it plays both english and other subtitles, and sort of causes a pletora of mixed bags that don't harmoniously play nice with each other. Are there only certain files that I need to "de-crypt" to go to that folder? It seems like it is there in it's entirety, but the confusion is knowing what file does what.
    Vern

SYSTEM:

Abit KV8-MAX3
    AMD 64 Clawhammer 3200+

10/100 NIC 3Com onboard
    350 W Enermax PS
    Toshiba DVD ROM drive
    Yamaha CD Burner

jenefarm@direcway.com

WinDVD is probably not the best program to be using and might be causing the errors. Might.

I trust you used SmartRipper?
    If so, you need to rip only 1 stream of audio, not all of them.

To do this- put the DVD in your DVD-ROM and open SmartRipper.
    Let it detect the files and work its magic and you will have a screen waiting for you to fiddle with.
    Up in the top left portion of the program are three buttons- Movie, File, Backup.
    For now we will use 'Movie' cause we only want certain parts of the movie.

Now, under the title->angle->chain heading, select the video stream that matches the movie. The simplest way is to find the only stream that matches the length of the movie. (look on the back of your dvd box to see movie length)
    Smartripper is pretty,well, smart and should of selected it by default, but just in case it doesnt, thats how you get the right video stream.
    Now click the 'Stream Processing' tab at the top of the window and you will now be presented with both the video stream and ALL audio streams on the DVD.
    Make sure the video one is selected, and then select an audio stream. Most cases the audio stream will be named. (eg- Audio Stream - Russian) so its easy to pick the audio stream you want. However, sometimes they arent. If you have multiple audio streams of the same length, then simply open your DVD playback software and play from the disc. Use the features of your dvd player to select a language. The list it shows SHOULD match the layout displayed in Smartripper. eg: powerdvd displays these avail languages for martix:
    1. English
    2. German
    3. French

In smartripper, the first audio stream listed will be english, second be german etc....

ok, next you select a subtitle. Or dont. Its entirely up to you. Optional step this one is.

Now for the final step- select the output directory, click start, and wait a few mins for the rip to complete. Use powerdvd or Zoomplayer (avail at doom9.org) to playback the VOBs.
    (in powerdvd you gotta go into filemode, then add all the vobs to a playlist)

Bahamut Zer0 yep.. you're right.. WinDVD is not a good choice. My daughter has PowerDVD on her computer so I put it on mine and things are starting to flow right. I understand youre last post.. believe it or not! LOL

I used a program called de-CSS that did the ripping for me. Cute little program.. not long at all.. but I understand it is not really on the up and up as in legal? Some sort of gripe with the Motion Picture industry I guess. Anyway, If I own a DVD and want to put it on my Hard Drive to watch it, that should be up to me. I guess the CSS (Content Scrambling System) was out only for a very short time before someone figured a work around. *S*

I understand Macrovision will let you output to only one device at a time. I thought I could copy "Unbreakable" from DVD to my VCR as they are hooked together. Nope. Plays fine through the VCR, but the instant you push "record" everything goes haywire!

Now if I could only figure out a way to trick my RCA Sattelite receiver into thinking my computer was the place to send the store movies it has in it, that would be cool. Right now it stores the movie choices until I connect it to the phone line, then it dumps it via phone line, to where they put them on my bill.. Must have a good memory in there, because even if you turn it off and unplug the power for extended period, the movies are still hanging around in there.

Thanks for your advice and pointers, Bahamut Zer0 I'm sure it helped others beside me that read that post!
    Vern

SYSTEM:

Abit KV8-MAX3
    AMD 64 Clawhammer 3200+

10/100 NIC 3Com onboard
    350 W Enermax PS
    Toshiba DVD ROM drive
    Yamaha CD Burner

jenefarm@direcway.com

Also, for those of you reading this thread, try this URL:
    http://www.clonead.co.uk/ I found a very nice ripper program there as FREEWARE called cladDVDXP especially suited for the Windows XP Operating System. after reading the information on it I downloaded. Can't give you a review as havent tried it yet. The download is not big, and it's features seem pretty good. You'll have to just go there and take a look and see what I'm talking about.

Later.....
    Vern

SYSTEM:

Abit KV8-MAX3
    AMD 64 Clawhammer 3200+

10/100 NIC 3Com onboard
    350 W Enermax PS
    Toshiba DVD ROM drive
    Yamaha CD Burner

jenefarm@direcway.com

NOW... The ripping is going along smoothly.. and now we are presented with a folder on the HD that has the movie that you have just "put" there from your DVD. NEXT question is of GREAT interest.. Are there any DVD burners to AVOID??? I have heard that there is only 1 or 2 burners out there that when you are finished burning the movie onto DVD that that new DVD can be played in any DVD drive, including those used outside of the computer.. ie Home Entertainment Systems. Is this true? Is there perhaps one burner that shines out above the rest??

Ooops! more than one question.. LOL

New food for thought and comments.
    Vern

SYSTEM:

Abit KV8-MAX3
    AMD 64 Clawhammer 3200+

10/100 NIC 3Com onboard
    350 W Enermax PS
    Toshiba DVD ROM drive
    Yamaha CD Burner

jenefarm@direcway.com

DVD Burners are pretty high-cost so I havnt been lucky enough for someone willing to part with a 600-1k investment for a week or so for me to play with features etc, but the process is pretty straight-forward.

In SmartRipper, use the 'backup' button instead of the 'movie' button explained earlier. Itll backup the entire DVD to your HDD. Make sure you have the space beforehand obviously.

Then use Nero to create a DVD cuesheet, and then burn.
    You can burn a DVD right now if you want, even tho you dont have a DVD-Writer. You wont even need a Blank DVD!
    hehe, im just kidding, but not entirely. What I say is true, but youll only end up with an image file. Heres how:

Open Nero and select 'Choose Recorder' from the Recorder menu. Select 'Image Writer' as your writing device.
    Click OK and then click File->New.
    Now, up the top left hand corner, youll see a drop-down box. Click it and select DVD.
    Click Video-DVD and then check any settings you want to use. (such as label, ISO level (change it to 2 to prevent problems)
    Then youll see a new compilation with a directory structure similar to a DVD. Simply make that compilation look the same as the DVD. ie- put the VOBs etc in their respective directory(s).

There, youve made a DVD. You can save that compilation for when you purchase a DVD-Burner, but for now if you click Write-CD it will just write an image file to your HDD, gobbling up another 4 or so gig of space.

Have a play with the features so youll feel confident when the big day comes.
    Dont forget to re-select your cdrw as your recording device when youve finished!

As for DVD-Writer reccomendation, everyone I know who can afford them, get Pioneer. But like I said- I havnt been lucky enough to try more than one out for a long period of time. (10mins at most, was an LG model.....slow but alot cheaper)

Frost this site, http://www.cdr-info.com/ , has some good articles and reviews of various DVD writers and info on the various formats that are on the market atm. Yes there are some compatability problems attached to each format so a bit of homework will help ya make your decission. Also here, http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html , is a huge FAQ on the subject also that may help shed some extra light on the subject for you and assist in your decission on which format to go with and its compatability with what you already have. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

hmm, it isnt too economical to burn dvds, not yet atleast, your better off d/ling dvd rips or buying another one

dvd rips are nice, could always hook up your tv to your laptop or put a pc in your home theater =P

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information