Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Sound Problem

Default Sound Problem

Hi
    I have just re-istalled xp and drivers for my motherboard , but the problem I have now is that I get sound but it is only low volume and I can not get it to go any higher as anyone any idea as what maybe the problem , I have tried to go into advanced on the options tab in volume control but it is ticked but greyed out I dont know if that means anything ! , there was somthing I heard about the digital output should be unticked but I dont know where that is again if that has anything to do with the problem
    ps: the sound is onboard .

cheers
    <!-- / message -->

Default Re: Sound Problem

Greetings,
    Two things I think of are for you to download the most current sound drivers either from the motherboard website or from the sound device site. You should be able to identify the exact sound device model from the mobo manual or by finding the chip on the board. The other thing, make sure the volume control on the speakers is up enough for you to use the software volume control. Good Luck
    Craig

Default Re: Sound Problem

Hi guy's

I have re-installed XP , and my sound is back so I dont know what the problem was !! .
    thanks all for your inputs .

cheers
    <!-- / message -->

Thread Information