Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: X-FI Fatal1ty vs Motherboard HD Audio

Default X-FI Fatal1ty vs Motherboard HD Audio

I have been contemplating whether or not to use my X-Fi Fatal1ty soundcard to to just use the onboard HD Audio from my Gigabyte GA-EX58 Extreme. I know there is a Creative Emulation driver available on Gigabyte's site but don't know how good it actually is.

Default Re: X-FI Fatal1ty vs Motherboard HD Audio

I for one cant tell a difference between the two but if you are running 5.1 sound with 64 bit with an x-fi your audio dg will have a memory leak. Plus over all i think realtek is easier to use any how. I will never buy another x-fi. I seen that software too but i think you have to buy it.
    955 c3 4.0ghz | Darknight CPU cooler | 790fx mobo | 4ghz Ripjaws 1600 | 5850 1ghz 1300ram | 550watt PSU | Windows 7 64bit |

i traied booth of them i have X-FI TITANUM
    i can not see any difference

I have x-fi and I can tell a huge difference. The on board audio is great and I believe it fits most needs. In my experience I've found the 3D positioning and clarity of sounds of the x-fi are unmatched when it comes to my on board sound solution. My advise would be to buy the sound card of your choice and test it for yourself and take it back if you're displeased. It's a win win in that case.

Don't forget a lot has to do with the quality of speakers and headphones you're using. You can have the greatest sound solution on the planet but it wont make a difference if you're using case speakers.
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P. Bios ver. F13
    CPU: Intel i7 920 C0 3.8Ghz
    RAM: 3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 TR3X6G1600C8D 8-8-8-24-1T
    Sound card: PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series
    Graphics card: EVGA GTX 480 SC in SLI
    PSU: CORSAIR HX1000w
    HDD: 2x SSD Intel x25-M 80GB G2 Raid 0/ 2x Seagate 1.5 TB Raid 1
    Case: Cooler Master Cosmos 1000
    Operating System: Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
    DVD/CD-ROM Drives:LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH08LS20, PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-218L
    Keyboard: Logitech G19
    Mouse: Logitech G9
    Liquid Cooling: Koolance CPU-360, 2x VID-NX480, Koolance copper 360 radiator, Reservoir and Pump RP-1000BK Silver

Thread Information