Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Please please please can someone help me

Default Please please please can someone help me

Hi all

I am on the verge of ripping my hair out....I will try and compact the question as much as I can. I HAVE NO SOUND.

Where the speaker icon is it has a red X and states...
    "NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED"
    It is a HP G6065EA

I have tried the device manager and there is no listing for the sound, game & controllers. It has just disappeared. I have done a system restore with no joy and I have also done a recovery manager and set it back to the factory settings and still no luck. To top it off it is not recognising my dvd drive.

So please can anyone help before I become bald.

Thanx

Default Re: Please please please can someone help me

Even though it is a manufactured machine, I would start by going to Windows Update and see if it shows drivers needed. If that does not work, then you should have a drivers and utilities disk that came with your system. It should auto-run and bring up some sort of menu. Go into the drivers section and force the loading of the necessary drivers. If that doesn't do the trick, it may be time for a full format and reload of the operating system.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

As Darthtanion said you may be missing some drivers. If I understand correctly you have already used a recovery partition or recovery disk to restore to factory settings. From my experience if the correct settings are used then you have already formatted and reinstalled Windows and all original drivers. You may want to try Belarc Advisor Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit or a simular program to see it the devices can be found by it. I would use a bootable disk such as Ultimate Boot Disk or Hirens Boot Disk and run some diagnostics from out side of the Windows environment to see if the devices are still funtioning/reconizable. Is it possible your sytem had a power surge?
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

just download the latest drivers from gigabytes website for your motherboard and your problem will be solved.

Thread Information