Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hooking up headphones + speakers to a soundcard

My current computer setup has altec lansing speakers hooked up to a soundblaster 512V pci card. I'd like to connect some headphones up to my system as well. However, to do this, I have to unhook the altec lansing from the output port, and plug the headphones in their place. After awhile, this gets a little tedious. Is there a way I can have both hooked up at the same time?

Thanks.

You most certainly can, you need a mini-jack splitter they are availiable anywhere and everywhere. Radio shack, best buy, circuit city, menards, lowes, home depot. From as cheap as 99 cents to a fancy one at radio shack for 5-6$.

There are two syles, Radio shack has the best selection, so I'd say just go there and get which ever one you like most.

Excellent, thanks for the help.

How does it control which one produces sound? :?:
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

Just speaking for the one I bought.... they both produce the sound. When I'm using one, I turn down the volume on the other (my headphones have a volume control on them).

If they don't (like my 14.99 one) then you are just stuck with having them on...but my speakers can be turned off...: peace2:
    - Damien

I rarely see one, but there are splitters out there that have a switch to control the output. The few I have stumbled across have about a 3' cord between the connector to the soundcard and the switch so you can place the switch in a convenient location.
    They do seem to be too hard to find though.
    Fortunately, my Hercules Game Theater XP solved all that and a few other problems as well, with all the external connections on it.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

How about the Audigy?...any features that i don't know of that don't require a splitter?
    - Damien

Flaco, what are you asking??

A splitter is nothing more than two(or more) female connections which are powered by one Male connection.

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Flaco
    How about the Audigy?...any features that i don't know of that don't require a splitter?
    Have you got the panel that sits in a 5 1/2" bay? if so, then you should have a headphone jack on the front, and not need a splitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information