Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: going from one monitor to another problem

i went from one moniter to another and now on my moniter iall i see is wavey lines and stuff....i have windows xp pro....does anyone have any suggestions?? :?: i have my videocard drivers on a cd but i cant see it when i boot up XP...thanks in advance.... :wave: :cry:

Faulty monitor maybe or the refresh rates are set to high for it or even check the connection. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

:) You might also try reseating the vidcard to see if that helps. :)

I don't know if this was fixed in XP, but i have seen that in some strange instances, with certain monitors and certain vid cards, you actually have to boot with monitor1, select to remove the monitor in the System devices, and then shut down, and boot with the other monitor. That was with 98SE, and previous versions. Still possible in XP i bet.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

:) He should try it to see if it works zeradul.

Thread Information