Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Comp wont detect graphics cards!

Default Comp wont detect graphics cards!

Hello all!!! I just bought a new mobo its a biostar t series and its sli compatible. i have 2 graphics cards which are geforce NX6800GT 256mb

My computer wont recognize the cards for some reason. I tried installing nvidea drivers but it gave me an error before the install even started and said that nvidia could not find any drivers compatible with your hardware. So i tried just using one card and still nothing. heres the specs for my mobo and card...i dont even know if there compatible.....i just bought a new mobo and processor and my buddy just gave me the cards. Any help with be appriciated. Thanks. the video card specs i put arnt exactly the same as i have but its still a 6800.

mobo:
    BIOSTAR

video card:
    <TABLE class=specification cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=name>Brand</TD><TD class=desc>EVGA</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Model</TD><TD class=desc>256-P2-N384-TX</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title colSpan=2>Interface</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Interface</TD><TD class=desc>PCI Express x16</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title colSpan=2>Chipset</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Chipset Manufacturer</TD><TD class=desc>NVIDIA</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>GPU</TD><TD class=desc>GeForce 6800</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Core Clock</TD><TD class=desc>325MHz</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>PixelPipelines</TD><TD class=desc>12</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title colSpan=2>Memory</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Memory Clock</TD><TD class=desc>600MHz</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Memory Size</TD><TD class=desc>256MB</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Memory Interface</TD><TD class=desc>256-bit</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Memory Type</TD><TD class=desc>DDR</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title colSpan=2>3D API</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>DirectX</TD><TD class=desc>DirectX 9</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>OpenGL</TD><TD class=desc>OpenGL 1.5</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title colSpan=2>Ports</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>D-SUB</TD><TD class=desc>1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>DVI</TD><TD class=desc>1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>TV-Out</TD><TD class=desc>HDTV / S-Video Out</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title colSpan=2>General</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>RAMDAC</TD><TD class=desc>400 MHz</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Max Resolution</TD><TD class=desc>2048 x 1536</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>SLI Supported</TD><TD class=desc>Yes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Cooler</TD><TD class=desc>With Fan</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>System Requirements</TD><TD class=desc>Minimum of a 300 Watt power supply
    (Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 18 Amps)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Default Re: Comp wont detect graphics cards!

A few questions come to mind. You mention a new motherboard. Did you reinstall Windows or are you attempting to use a previous installation? Have you installed the drivers for the new motherboard? What other components are you using? What power supply (PSU) are you using? Your specs mention 300 watt PSU but that is probably minimum wattage for one video card and most likely would not work with an SLI system.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg View Post
    A few questions come to mind. You mention a new motherboard. Did you reinstall Windows or are you attempting to use a previous installation? Have you installed the drivers for the new motherboard? What other components are you using? What power supply (PSU) are you using? Your specs mention 300 watt PSU but that is probably minimum wattage for one video card and most likely would not work with an SLI system.

its a fresh install of windows, all drivers are installed, my psu is 750 watt im wondering if these vid cards are just to old for my new system

Im guessing the newest drivers are not compatible with ur 6800's. i think u may need to download an older version which IS compatible with the graphics cards u have.
    Asrock P55-Extreme
    Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
    2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
    ASUS HD5850
    1TB Samsung SATA II
    Corsair TX650W PSU

Ok well got some good news. I was able to get one vid card to come up. but when i plug the other one in it wont detect them both so i have to shut it down then unplug it. im a bit confused now, i know my mobo is crossfire enabled. would that have somthing to do with it. I just dont see why when i plug the other one in i cant detect either of em

Umm.... you said "sli compatible" in your first post and "crossfire enabled" in your last post.... . Which is it? You can't have both. It is usually an either/or situation. Exactly what motherboard are we talking about? SLI refers to dual nVidia cards and Crossfire to dual ATI cards
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

sorry i got myself confused. The comp set up my buddy had before was sli with dual nvidia cards. My mobo is crossfire enabled. So is that why is causeing a conflict because my mobo wants dual ATI cards. ive looked through my bios settings and cant see anything wrong with the settings. Again my mobo is 100 crossfire, the old one was sli

Sorry but SLI is just not going to happen with a Crossfire board. I believe there are a few of the newest boards that can do both SLI and Crossfire but I haven't seen any. Here is an explaination of the two technologies: SLI / CrossFire FAQs

Thread Information