Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Microphone rediculously quiet

Default Microphone rediculously quiet

I have a Creative Labs Audigy SE sound card. I'm a gamer, so i like to have a headset (anyone here ever tried to use strategy when your teammates don't know what the heck you're doing, or gotten sniped while typing?). However, when I plug a microphone into my sound card's plug, it is so quiet that my game won't even notice my voice is there with the voice threshold as low as it will go. I have to pretty much scream into the mic, and I'm not even sure how well that would work. I checked my settings in windows and have all of them at 100%. Does anyone know what is going on? USB microphones work fine, just in case that's important.

Default Re: Microphone rediculously quiet

dolphin,

1)use s.c. drivers' panel.
    2)gain.

also, use correct 'mic' plug. 'line-in' will work but is not the correct application.
    Last edited by silekonn; 10-13-2009 at 12:25 AM.

I've already tried all of that, with no luck.

dolphin,

have you adjusted other recording volumes? on my system you have the windows speaker, which offers playback and recording. you can also click options and properties, and check things. you can also go to the program with the sound card for a third and fourth list of volumes. there is also in-game volume. and volume control in teamspeak, etc.

input driver capabilities on an audigy..? however, you could consider using onboard audio for the mic as a hack. otherwise, i could give you some recommendations:
    1)downgrade the drivers. older versions have other options
    2)download an app that increases the volume.
    3)buy something. there are in-line things for volume.
    4)use your amp.

Thread Information