Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Is my newly purchased Galaxy GeForce GTX 260+ OC Graphics Card broken?

Red face Is my newly purchased Galaxy GeForce GTX 260+ OC Graphics Card broken?

Hey all,

Ok to start off I will give you my pc specs ok

Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit edition
    Intel Core2duo E8200 2.66GHz
    Kingston HyperX 2gb 800 DDR2 x2
    Asrock P45DE P45 FSB 2000 PCI-E 2.0 4xDDR2 1200
    Seagate Barracuda IDE and SATA both 7200RPM
    Element series ST75EF Silverstone PSU 750Watts

And finally Galaxy Geforce GTX 260+ OC 896MB 448Bit DDR3, Core clock 625MHz, Shader Clock 1350MHz, Stream Processors 216.

Now here's the story ok before I got my Silverstone ST75EF 750Watt I was running on a Silverstone SST-ST50EF PLUS 500Watt PSU, now last week I introduced my new purchased GTX 260+ Products into the system yeh with the Silverstone SST-ST50EF Plus 80 Plus hits Retail: Silverstone's Element ST50EF-Plus | silentpcreview.com. Now probably my most stupid think I did was run it on the minimum 500Watt on C16xQ Antialiasing in Supersampling, in games like Streetfighter 4 and Mirrors Edge with 16x anisotropic filtering. At the start this was great on the 500w psu, then my Samsung Syncmaster 2693HM 26" LCD monitor starting turning off then the blue led light would just blink on and off, sometimes the system would still be running sometimes it would pause up and reset itself. Also sometimes the screen would turn dark blue or white then pause up with no text unlike bsod. I put my power plan in balanced and went throught the entire drives with disk checking tools and malwarebytes anti-malware updated and avast antivirus scanner updated and found no nasties. Also my nvidia driver is 190.62, and all direct x 9.0 is updated along with all the windows vista updates. So after this starting happening I quickly got onto ordering the Element series ST75EF Silverstone PSU 750Watts, but I hope it wasnt a little to late cause I still sometimes suffer from the same things that plagued me when I was running with the 500watt PSU with my new Silverstone ST75EF 750Watt. Sometimes I get lucky and the pc will run for hours even when playing Mirrors Edge and SF4 with Multisampling at C16xQ I decided to turn down from Supersampling to Multisampling in hope that wouldn't overdo my card and reset. Now i haven't updated the motherboard bios at all so would any of these updated bios help ASRock > Products > P45DE > Download. Also I do run GPU-Z and read the sensors when I start up a game etc

In windows vista no game run
    GPU Core Clock [MHZ] 300
    GPU Memory Clock [MHz] 300
    GPU Temperature [C] 39
    PCB Temperature [C] 39
    GPU Temperature [C] 31
    PCB Temperature [C] 32.5
    Fan Speed [%] 40

In game with multisampling/supersampling with C16xQ
    GPU Core Clock [MHZ] 625
    GPU Memory Clock [MHz] 1050
    GPU Temperature [C] 41
    PCB Temperature [C] 32
    GPU Temperature [C] 33
    PCB Temperature [C] 33.5
    Fan Speed [%] 40

I can't figure out anymore I need to tell you, other that I defrag my drives each day, run malware/virus scans, watch my GPU-Z temps, maybe I should be using a utility to tell you what my voltage load is on my 12volt rails perhaps. Oh also my kingston hyper x ram is in dual mode.

So back to the title of this thread is my Galaxy geforce gtx 260+ broken, if so what the warranty usually on those things I can't find it anywhere on the galaxy website.

Thanks

Mark

Default Re: Is my newly purchased Galaxy GeForce GTX 260+ OC Graphics Card broken?

Just for fun, have you tried a different monitor? What video card did you have before this one? Did you clear all previous drivers before loading the newest ones from nVidia website?
    Last edited by PrairieDawg; 09-29-2009 at 09:36 PM.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Unhappy Re: Is my newly purchased Galaxy GeForce GTX 260+ OC Graphics Card broken?

I have tried this monitor on other pc's and no turn offs, I have run a ps3 for many many hours and online and had no turnoffs, also I have connected my vga monitor and get the same turnoff's happening, so should I run my lcd through analog to see if it turns off or screen suddenly changes color like it is when I run digital that could be a idea but that would mean I would have to run it digital always with a expensive digital lcd if the digital part is causing the problems but then I was running dvi for ps3 and no problems there. I was running a g31 intel intergrated graphics chipset on previous pci express 1.0 foxconn g31mv motherboard in analog mode on screen, so I didnt ever have a pci express card until I got the asrock p45de mobo with pci-express 2.0 the reason for getting that motherboard and the reason for the 750w psu upgrade. Also I just completely uninstalled all my nvidia drivers the latest 190.62 windows vista 32 display driver with youruninstaller which goes deep and removes all traces, and so I am writing this reply with the nvidia drivers uninstalled and thought it was going ok until the screen went greyish black and paused up again so had to restart AGAIN. So I am running out of ideas is it my 750watt psu I just bought causing the problem maybe it doesnt do enough power on the 12V rails or it could be my new motherboard which I have no idea how to test to see if it that or the video card acting up, or it could be the gtx 260+ it may be a dud and need replacement I really don't know anymore and sick of the constant one type of color being displayed and causing system to crash or the screen turning off and the blue led blinking on and off. Thanks Mark

Default Re: Is my newly purchased Galaxy GeForce GTX 260+ OC Graphics Card broken?

Wow! Is that ever hard to read! I think you will probably find more people will actually attempt to figure out the problem if you use a little more sentence structure and perhaps a paragraph break or two.

Sounds to me like you can probably eliminate the monitor as the issue so long as you are using supported resolutions and refresh rates for it.

I haven't run across the issue you describe so someone else may be able to make some better suggestions. It sounds like you have done some major upgrading (motherboard, psu, videocard). Are you, by any chance, attempting to use the original Windows installation or have you reformatted at some point?
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Red face Re: Is my newly purchased Galaxy GeForce GTX 260+ OC Graphics Card broken?

sorry prairiedawg I ran my sentance structure to much.

I moved from foxconn to asrock mobo which required me to format hdd then reinstall windows vista ultimate at that point I was still using silverstone 500w psu with gtx 260+, then the problems occured the one color screen pause up problems and the screen turning off and the blue led light flick on and off.

One person said that it maybe the 190 series of nvidia drivers causing the problem and said they weren't stable and recommended to go back to 180 series of the nvidia driver for my class of card in 32 bit windows vista display driver section.

Now currently running my system without any nvidia driver installed last night I did it and it was running great then it decided to go blackish grey then pause up, so I reset and booted into windows as normal and left it on all night and turned on in the afternoon which is now, it's still going strong no pauses up just yet or screen turning off. Have you or anyone else heard of unstablility problems with the 190's series of nvidia drivers or perhaps similar things happening like my pc with nvidia drivers.

Thanks

Mark

Ok I have uninstalled all traces of the nvidia 190.62 display driver with driver sweeper. My system so far is performing well without nvidia driver, now I have read so many accounts of the nvidia 190 driver series being unstable and causes all sorts of troubles you only need to google "nvidia 190 drivers unstable" and many people reverting back to 186.42 so I am going to give that ago and see what happens hopefully all is well after that.

Red face Re: Is my newly purchased Galaxy GeForce GTX 260+ OC Graphics Card broken?

Now I went ahead and installed nvidia display driver 182.50 as on many forums they came to the conclusion that it was the most stable driver yet. So after that I wanted to test it to see if my problems would go away so I went to nvidia control panel and set it to high quality everything just for the streetfighter IV.exe in the individual nvidia setting and set antialiasing to be application controlled, anisotropic to x16, clamp, supersampling etc all for high quality gaming.

So I started streetfighter as normal and went to setting and set Antialiasing to C16xQ and resolution 1920 x 1200 and everything on highest. Ok so I ran through some cpu vs cpu matches to see how it would cope, now on the 190.62 when it was on c16xq with supersampling I would get a fluid 60fps no less, but with 182.50 with c16xq with supersampling the framerate dropped to the point where if any did an ultra move it would drop to 20 frames per second which never happened on 190.62 even with c16xq with supersampling also I tabbed out to see the temperate of GPU and it read on outstanding 52c that can't be right because if you go back to my first post it was 42c.

Ok so I run some matches it all lasted for like 40 mins and then my screen went blank and system froze on me, I was hoping the 182.50 would of been the answer but no. So I am doing a RMA back to the online company I purchased it from, now if they test it in anything but say windows vista ultimate or windows vista, it may just work for them because I have heard windows 7 doesnt have issues with 190.62 or any other previous display drivers in the nvidia line.

So I guess I will need to stipulate run windows vista ultimate and run streetfighter 4 etc with supersampling and c16xq for awhile and see if the same things occurs because I simply don't want them to return the card back and say there's nothing wrong with it, even though I know something must be a stray here.

If they do return it saying nothing wrong with it, then what tests would I run for either my PSU or motherboard to find out if they may be the cause instead, I have ordered a 8400gs I know its a crap card but its there for test purposes like you guys same use a different pci express card to test out system and it's a card to run in system while my GTX 260+ is away being tested.

So any thoughts on this matter.

Thanks

Mark

yes

Thread Information