Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brand new HD4890 drivers keep crashing

Exclamation Brand new HD4890 drivers keep crashing

Problem:

Brand new system just wont play along with the latest catalyst drivers (9.10)

The screen keeps on freezing, then windows 7 pro reports that the ATI drivers have stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

At this point ive tried installing other drivers with some luck, sometimes the errors wont occur for a couple of hours then itll start reappearing until i restart my PC.

It looks as if catalyst control center is causing some issues, do u guys think i should reformat W7 and start afresh, because when i installed windows, i didnt use the HD4890...wasnt in stock so had to pick up next day. in mean time i used my old 9600GT /w NO drivers installed, just used windows' stock drivers.

any ideas?
    Asrock P55-Extreme
    Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
    2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
    ASUS HD5850
    1TB Samsung SATA II
    Corsair TX650W PSU

Default Re: Brand new HD4890 drivers keep crashing

Cat 9.9/10 are junk. Use the driver that come with 9.8 preferably without installing Catalyst Control Center. Use Ati Tray Tools instead.

there are a lot of problems with 9.10 and Win7 - use driver sweeper and try again. other than that we can only wait for the next release
    GA-FXA990-UD3v4
    AMD FX-8320
    Kingston 2x4GB 1866 HyperX
    Gigabyte R6850C-1GB
    1x WD Blue 1TB / 1x SSHD 1TB Seagate
    Win7x64

There are a lot of problems with 9.10 and Vista as well. Try again is not an option in my opinion. Unless of coarse 9.8 does not support 7. Of this I am not sure as I am using Vista64.

Not sure of the issues you guys are having it could be other things.

Currently I am running Vista 64 bit and using 9.10 with my 4890 and I don't get any crashes or tears, or dot crawl etc... all my games play fine, HD movie work/playback is all fine.

As for 7, well I didn't install that yet, it's just sitting here starting to collect dust oops lol.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I am just finishing up a Sapphire 4890 review and I had zero issues with x64 Vista and 9.9 Drivers, just FYI

OK, ive actually found the culprit.

The problem is in AERO, im running W7 basic mode atm, and theres no problems here. But when i turned AERO on, it crashes every so often when i close or maximize a window.

This problem is very repeatable and i just turned off aero to avoid this stupid confrontations.

Still waiting for a decent driver to come to fix this stupid prob!!
    Asrock P55-Extreme
    Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
    ASUS HD5850
    1TB Samsung SATA II
    Corsair TX650W PSU

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well, i've got 9.10 installed W/o Catalyst control center and yeah ive tried 9.9 before already. Every single driver i've used crashes.

It was before that i didnt know aero caused a problem, i assumed it was the graphics driver causing problems.
    Asrock P55-Extreme
    Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
    ASUS HD5850
    1TB Samsung SATA II
    Corsair TX650W PSU

Is it possibly something in how 7 was installed it just keeps crashing or doesn't like the 4890, never happened when I ran the RC of 7 with my 4890 with Aero on, and I have it on in Vista never have any of those issues, or maybe when you installed the drivers themselves on some oddball chance the didn't write/install properly.

Or maybe it's cause 7 is still new, this hasn't changed in any windows OS, usually sp1 is the best time to buy/upgrade, pre sp you start seeing all these issues pop up lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information