Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Creative X-fi Titanium pro series

Lonelobo is offline Member

Default Creative X-fi Titanium pro series

I'm having trouble to get my x-fi titanium get to work under win 7x64 home premium. I have done a clean instal of the operating system; In my device center I see 2 high definition sound cards (creative x-fi & ati radeon 4870). when I want to instal the creative drivers it gives me a error that there is no compatible device found. No problem, I went to device center to use the at disk methode for installing the drivers, but when I locate the file and click ok windows give an error saying the driver is not comatible with this version of windows (x64 bit drivers from creative???) so now I cant get the x-fi to work because i cant instal the drivers any idees for forcing the drivers to install on my OS?

Gigabythe EX58 extreme
    gigabythe 4870 1gb (1e pci-e slot 16)
    creative x-fi (3e pci-e slot 16)
    12gb ddr3
    velociraptor raid-0

Default Re: Creative X-fi Titanium pro series

You weren't totally clear on the origin of the drivers you were trying to use the first time so ignore me if you've already been to the website: Creative Worldwide Support > PCI Express X-Fi Titanium . If you click on the "show details" link at the top driver it states that it is for Windows 7 64bit. Good luck.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Lonelobo is offline Member

That are the drivers I downloaded, and I have also tried with daniel_k's driverpack, but always the same error :(

Edit: I instaled my old x-fi extrememusic and that card (pci) installed just normal??? There goes my 160 euro for the x-fi titanium... Can I use the drivers for the extreme audio to be installed for my titanium?
    Last edited by Lonelobo; 11-14-2009 at 05:09 PM.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm very interested! I would love to find out more.

I got the same message when I uninstall-ed my X-Fi XMusic and installed a X-Fi Titanium Pro under Win 7 x64 HP. The problem seemed to be old drivers/registry entries which did not uninstall properly thereby interfering with the new sound board. I fixed the problem by manually extracting the Creative driver installation package using WinRar. There is a file called 'Setup.exe' in the folder 'Drivers\SBXF' of the extracted installation package that will give you an option to delete all previous registry and driver entries on the system. After you manually choose to delete the entries you can go ahead with the driver installation option found on the same control panel. This method is not available by simply executing the downloaded driver file from creative. Even though you have a clean installation, Windows may have installed the Windows Update version of the driver without your knowledge. In any case its worth a shot. If anyone can tell me if the X-Fi Titanium Pro has the front panel audio connector for either AC97 or Intel HD audio please share as I find documentation lacking in this regard.

Thread Information