Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Is this a good av receiver?

Default Is this a good av receiver?

I want a new av receiver which has true hd audio, is this one any good?
    Onkyo TX-SR606 Review

I want it to go with a popcorn hour c-200 which i'll hopefully get in the new year

Default Re: Is this a good av receiver?

Yeah that's a really good receiver. I've liked Onkyo stuff for a while but lately I've heard they have issues with HDMI and others regarding longevity of the components. Maybe a bad batch got through or the people don't take care of the stuff.

Personally you could also try one of these in that price range.

Pioneer USA - Pioneer A/V Receivers

Denon USA | AVR-1910

Denon USA | AVR-790

Denon is one of the oldest electronics companies on the planet, perhaps the oldest still around it was founded in the 1880s late or early 1890s and pioneer is shy by 2-3 years so they're both old and are grand masters at what they do.

Other than now I've never had a Denon Receiver, always had Pioneer mostly but I love it so far and most I know who have Denon's swear by them with the utmost loyalty lol.

But remember if you're piecing components yourself do research and match speakers and get proper wiring and the right cables. Some Denon receivers don't like certain model blu-ray/dvd players and some speakers don't work all that well but most enthusiast even entry level stuff is anal about that lol.

In my experience Pioneer seems the most friendly or forgiving and will be more compatible with speakers, dvd/blu-ray players etc so..... you might consider that too. As for that media server, I don't use those or know many that do so not sure if the receivers will not like them, I use my computer as my media server as well so....

But Google is your friend, my friend. Just search to see if there are any known issues and keep in mind what I said, though it is just my experience, Pioneer seems to work and play nicer with more stuff than others.
    Last edited by DeathViperX; 01-06-2010 at 10:35 PM.

Coolermaster HAF 932
    PC Power & Cooling 1200 watter
    30inch H-IPS for work and 27inch HP for games
    Core i7 975 @ 4.6GhZ
    ASUS P6T v2
    12GB DDR3 Corsair RAM @ 1866 now
    Plextor BD/DVD-RW
    LG DVD-RW second drive
    128GB SSD x2 RAID<-- OS and apps
    2x300GB Raptor, scratch/work drive
    2x 2TB for storage
    Denon and Boston Acoustics sound system