Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 21" Monitor

Hopefully they will both improve in their gaming capabilities and have a significant price reduction.

Not Likely.

They are slowly increasing in performance, but I have heard numorous reports that the prices won't be coming down at all anytime soon.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

That's not good news about the prices. Maximum pc has a good article in their August 2002 issue about lcd's. Still not up to crt standards for gaming, but improvent is being made.

Do they have computer shows in your area? Would you buy used? I attend computer shows once a month in Akron, Ohio. Several times recently, a vendor shows up selling used monitors. I have bought a couple of 21" Compaq monitors for $125 each, out-the-door. They look good and work fine.

Beefy Guest

I've heard a lot of good things about the Apple Cinema Display screens.. LCD though, but apparently very good (and VERY expensive). Just need an adapter and it should work fine on PC.

Read a good review on the Apple & multiple other LCD's in Maximum PC in the August edition. They seem to think that the vast improvement is wonderful but the fixed native resolution & how the interpolation is accomplised when trying to run other resolutions leaves a lot to be desired. Just not ready for serious gaming yet.

IMO, The best LCD on the market currently is the 24" widescreen Samsung Syncmaster. It retails for about $3000 USD most places.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Bit pricey for my application. What's the native resolution.

alot by alot

haha

Recommended resolution: 1920 x 1200

More:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2044771743 (the picture is on the bottom)

I was surprised to learn that it weighs 30 pounds. Mr. z. That's one wide display.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information