Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Static

For some reason the sound on my computer has like static. I know its not the monitor because I unhooked the sound and put regular headphones on and the static was still there!! What could my problem be? How can I fix it?:shoot3: :shoot2:

How about an equipment list?

Pending that, check all connections - including that the soundcard is seated properly in the motherboard.

Static all the time, or just when gaming?
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

I dont know all the specs on the comp cuz its a store bought HP. The connections are all fine and I will check to make sure the sound card is down right. Yes I have static all the time it like will go away then come back but it gets real loud and i have to have the volume down on the comp cuz it gets loud.

Is it still under warranty by HP? If so contact them.

Also you could be getting interference from other cabling in the vicinity of your souncard - speaker wires. That has been known to happen. Try to isolate all components of your sound devices from all other wiring - including not allowing your speaker wires to be near power cords, USB cables etc. etc.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Thread Information