I've been using this monitor for 2 years at 1680 x 1050, this is a recent problem. I have a 1920 x 1080p HDTV that I have hooked up to it right now, and everything works fine. I tried connecting the 1050 monitor to a different computer, and it wouldn't take it at all, so I'm 99% sure that it's the monitor and not my video card. I have an 8800 GTS 512 MB.

When I set my desktop's resolution to 1680 x 1050, everything gets blown up, and I have to scroll along the edges in order to see the rest of the screen. Also, when I go into the monitor's settings via the button on the actual screen, it says that the native resolution is 1024 x 768, which is wrong.

I called Envision tech support, and they also figured that it was an EDID problem, and told me I could send it in to them since it was still in warranty. But the cost to ship it is $85... so I figured I might as well see if I can fix it myself.

Called them back, and I asked if they could send me the EDID. Tech support guy said they can't do it because I'm not supposed to have the "tools" to fix it. Regional manager refused to talk to me. I said I couldn't afford to ship it to them, and he hung up. Yay customer support.

Shortened version: My monitor's EDID is corrupt, and I need someone to copy theirs out of the same model monitor and send it to me. Can anyone please help me?

All you have to do is.... download this program: http://www.tucows.com/preview/329441

When you've downloaded the program, go to Tools > Extract Registry EDID > File > Save and send it to me through E-mail or w/e.

Your monitor MUST be connected through DVI, and you MUST have a G22LWk for this to work.

If someone can send this to me, I would be willing to reimburse them for their time.
It shouldn't take more than 5 mins to download the program and copy/send the file... so please, someone help me ; ;