Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 9800m gts please help ive tried everything

willmoser is offline Junior Member

Exclamation 9800m gts black screen crashing have to hard reset, i have tried everything

whenever i play any type of game(singularity, borderlands, sims 3, gta iv, and need for speed world beta), about 2-10 minutes in it black screen crashes and forces me to do a hard reset. I have tried different drivers while using driver sweeper to clean up the old, 257.21 197.16 195.62 and 186.03 but all of them had the same effect. At first i though my gpu was overheating so i took my laptop apart and cleaned all the fans/heatsinks but that didnt change anything. I tied using ati tool along with gpu-z to check for overheating issues but it had a max temp of 76 degrees celcius and also black screen crashed after 2-5 minutes (i attached the log) without any overheating. I also tried reinstalling windows 7 but that too had no effect. i tried disabling the antivirus along with using a gamebooster but still no help. if anyone could please help it would be greatly appreciated i am about to throw this laptop out the window.

Gateway P-7811FX
    CPU: 2.53GHz T9400
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS 512MB GDDR3
    RAM: 4GB PC3-8500 DDR3
    HDD: RAID Seagate 200GB 7200RPM x2
    Last edited by willmoser; 07-04-2010 at 12:55 AM.

willmoser is offline Junior Member

Default Re: 9800m gts please help ive tried everything

thanks for the countless number of replies hahaha but if anyone else is having this problem i found someone who fixed it.
    Laptop Forums and Notebook Computer Discussion - View Single Post - Gateway P-7811-FX Crashing Issue

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: 9800m gts please help ive tried everything

Sorry no one stopped in to help you, I am glad you found a fix though and thanks for being kind enough to post here for others in the future!

Thread Information