Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Video card compatibility:

Default Video card compatibility:

Hi, I need to know if an MSI 5670 video card is compatible with an ASRock 775Dual-Vsta.

Thanks..

Default Re: Video card compatibility:

It is a tough one.

The motherboard has PCI-E slot so it should fit and it should work alright.

The problem is that the slot is only @ x4 mode and not x16 as usual. This means that the bandwith is not the max slot can support so there is a possibility that the card will not be able to use full potential. On the other hand it is not the top end card so you might be alright. Somebody smarter then me should tell you if it is worth it, but it should work alright for day to day use.

It will work but it won't reach full potential.
    Silverstone FT02S | ASRock 870 Extreme 3 | AMD Phenom II x6 1055t w/ Prolimatech Megahalems Rev. B | 8gb Corsair XMS3 1333mhz | Powercolor HD 5770 1GB | 250GB Seagate, 500GB Hitachi | Seasonic X-650 | Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio

I see your board can use either DDR or DDRII memory. Which do you have? The DDR could be another very limiting factor. Also, have you checked your power supply and confirmed that it will handle the 5770? It doesn't take a lot of power but in a system that old it is not uncommon to have a PSU that does not allow an upgrade. Where you using a grahics card before? Which one?
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Thread Information