Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: No Sound on K10N78D

Default No Sound on K10N78D

I just replaced the mobo in my system with the K10N78D. I have used this board in another system running XP (built for a client) and that went without any known issues.
    I have Vista SP2 installed, running an 8800GT Video Card. I also have a video capture card with a DVD/VHS connected to it. Those are the only cards installed. I have 4GB RAM, 750GB internal HDD's. I have ran the above hardware in many systems from XP to Vista to W7 without ever having issues. It has a AMD Black Kuma 7850 on board.
    Device Manager shows the drivers as a clean install (no marks) and I can see the audio meter dancing when I play a song, but I get not audio output.
    I have tried two sets of speakers and a set of headphones. I have tried with the front audio/mic inputs connected and disconnected. I tried to Google it but noting came up except links to drivers. The onboard audio IS enabled in BIOS. Any ideas?

Default Re: No Sound on K10N78D

Fixed it. I made the assumption that since the outside of the box had Vista all over it as well as W7 that the driver disc had drivers for both OS's. But alas, they just changed the printing of the box, but not the driver disc. Went to the site and they had the audio driver for Vista/W7 all by itself. Downloaded it and it first checked and told me the driver (which came off the supplied disc) was the incorrect driver. So it removed it and installed the correct driver. But I still have no audio from front outputs. I will continue to study that issue. I allowed the install application provided on the disc to install the drivers. Perhaps that was the problem the driver that installed the drivers did not watch where he was driving.

Have you connected the case's front I/O audio headers to the motherboard?
    Silverstone FT02S | ASRock 870 Extreme 3 | AMD Phenom II x6 1055t w/ Prolimatech Megahalems Rev. B | 8gb Corsair XMS3 1333mhz | Powercolor HD 5770 1GB | 250GB Seagate, 500GB Hitachi | Seasonic X-650 | Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio

I did have one I/O Header connected but was getting nothing. I had the case opened just now to put in another 500GB HDD so I thought I would try a different I/O header. YEP! The second one worked perfect.
    I do not know what was wrong with the first one, but since I have several just sitting around I had plenty to try. My case looks like Frankenstein case now, but it is my Frankenstein.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

No probs, glad I could help.
    Silverstone FT02S | ASRock 870 Extreme 3 | AMD Phenom II x6 1055t w/ Prolimatech Megahalems Rev. B | 8gb Corsair XMS3 1333mhz | Powercolor HD 5770 1GB | 250GB Seagate, 500GB Hitachi | Seasonic X-650 | Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio

Thread Information