Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: LCD monitors

Does anyone know where I would be able to get a really good deal on a 17" inch LCD monitor?
    Soyo K7V Dragon Plus mobo with a
    Via chipset
    Antec File server case 400 watts
    21 inch Hitachi monitor
    AMD Athlon XP 1800+ (1.53Ghz)
    120 GB Western Digital HD
    Nvidia Geforce 4 Ti 4400 128MB
    512MB of Ram
    Liteon DVD-Rom 16x
    Liteon CD-R 40x12x48
    Win XP Professional

Head on over to www.pricewatch.com or if you live in AUS head on over to www.razorprices.com. Either way make sure you check the sites credibility on www.resellerratings.com. Personally I don't think that LCD moniters are really "There" yet. Unless you need the compactness I would say get a nice 17" CRT and save a whole bunch of money.

Anyway, hope I helped,

-PGA1234

or get a really nice 19 inch monitor and save a lot of $, :thumb:

Quote Originally Posted by saidin
    or get a really nice 19 inch monitor and save a lot of $, :thumb:
    Same thing :)

try www.ibuyer.net as well

by the way why bother with the LCD monitor if u are going to be doing anything but word processing?

LCD monitors are not good for gaming or video, they blur the images because i guess the chemicals in the screen cannot update as fast.....well makes sence since in CRT's u have electrons being thrown (which is far faster moving than those chemicals) plus LCD Monitors have SUCKY "dot pitch" unless you spend over $2,000 LOL.

i have seen a 0.15 dot pitch 22" hitachi monitor for $15,000 :)

the $400 ones are all like 0.275 dot pitch or even worse like 0.29. horrible!!!

my viewsonic has a vertical dot pitch of 0.21 and a horizontal of 0.25. needless to say the images are *razor*sharp :)

get a CRT......ViewSonic specifically or if u want to spend more....a monitor with TRINITRON ....... the newer displays weigh less nowadays.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    ABit KR7A-133RAID
    AMD AXP2700+@2188MHz
    Crucial PC3200 @ 266MHz
    ChainTech GFX 5600U @ 234/798
    Seagate Baraccuda IV 80.0GB
    WinXP Pro
    ViewSonic G70fmb 17" 0.21mm/0.25mm
    Altec Lansing 221 2.1 speakers
    SoundBlaster Audigy Platinum
    Plextor PX-716A DVD+-RW DL
    Plextor PX-708A DVD+-RW
    Plextor 24x10x32xA
    Antec SX1040B w/400W Antec SmartPower
    Microsoft TrackBall Explorer
    Logitech Elite Keyboard

Thanks for your advice its just that I saw one of my friend's new gateway computers and it came with a 17" LCD and even though the graphics cards on packaged deal computer systems usually always suck. The graphics seemed to be better than on my 21" inch CRT monitor which I purchased from a market pro computer show. Also I witnessed the LCD on the Alienware systems which another one of my friends bought and of course the graphics looked amazing on that LCD during gamming because those systems are built for gaming. But anyway I just thought a LCD monitor would actually allow me to witness the true ability of my Geforce 4 Ti 4400 128MB graphics card. I do mostly gaming and DVD watching and I am planning on getting into game programming and maybe buying a digital camera and camcorder so I can develop and edit my own movies. So this is why I am interested in a LCD display. But of course if you know where I can find some high end CRT displays I will acknowledge any suggestions. Again thanks for everyone's advice.
    Soyo K7V Dragon Plus mobo with a
    Via chipset
    Antec File server case 400 watts
    21 inch Hitachi monitor
    AMD Athlon XP 1800+ (1.53Ghz)
    120 GB Western Digital HD
    Nvidia Geforce 4 Ti 4400 128MB
    512MB of Ram
    Liteon DVD-Rom 16x
    Liteon CD-R 40x12x48
    Win XP Professional

Well what's the dot pitch on your 21" CRT. And what res. were they playing at compared to you? But either way if you are going to buy a new moniter the Trinitrons are comparibly better than the regular CRT's. But when buying a new moniter remember: The lower the dot pitch the better. But usually sticking with a name brand will bring better durability and/or longevity. I am starting to look for a new moniter since I only have a 15" viewable *cries* and am building a new computer. :)
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

I just went to a Mitsubishi Diamondtron flatscreen (trinitron) and the picture quality is fantastic. :thumb:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thread Information