Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Low Hz and FPS with Ti4600

It's not unusual for a manufacturer to change the specs of a product after release to respond to consumer demands and this may well be the case with your monitor for just that reason. : peace2:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Do they redesign the product as well? Or do they just lie to the public saying it can do something when it can't. Or do they simply know what there product is capable of doing and just didn't say anything.

RD i think what WiggO is referring to is that people start complaing and the fix it and prolly do a recall...kinda like cars when they find out something is wrong.

I am thinking its the monitor...i am thinking of buying this 19in Samsung SyncMaster 900NF Its 19 in and 18 in viewable...and has a max res of 1920x 1440 at 73hz and 1600 x 1200 at 85hz...imagine 1280x1024 which is my favorite setting and also its Flat. What do you guys think...any suggestions? and other clue on what this might be...?:?:
    - Damien

That could be the case also but didn't really just want backup for your decission to get the 19" one anyway? :?:

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    That could be the case also but didn't really just want backup for your decission to get the 19" one anyway? :?:

Sorry Wiggo i don't get your question:confused:
    - Damien

WiGGo? i am still confused:confused:
    - Damien

First off, make sure V-Sync is turned off like everyone else said.

Secondly, by default all Half-Life games and mods have a cap of I believe either 60 or 72 fps, not to sure. What you need to do is search in your Half-Life directory and in your CS Directory for a file(s) named "config.cfg." Open this file/files up in notepad and change the fps_max, fps_modem, and the fps_lan to whatever you want (i.e. fps_max "90.0"). And that should fix it. Hope that helps.
    | AMD XP 1800+ | MSI KT3 Ultra KT333 | 512 mb Crucial PC2700 | Hercules 3D Prophet 8500 128mb |
    | 40 GB Maxtor HD | 30 GB WD HD | Lian-Li PC60 Modded Case | SK6 Heatsink | FastAccess DSL |
    | Windows XP Home SP1 | Mandrake Linux 9.0 |

OK, doesn't the Hertz on a monitor hold back FPS if its too low...?
    - Damien

Only if VSync is enabled...that caps the FPS at the Refresh rate of the monitor.
    | AMD XP 1800+ | MSI KT3 Ultra KT333 | 512 mb Crucial PC2700 | Hercules 3D Prophet 8500 128mb |
    | 40 GB Maxtor HD | 30 GB WD HD | Lian-Li PC60 Modded Case | SK6 Heatsink | FastAccess DSL |
    | Windows XP Home SP1 | Mandrake Linux 9.0 |

Quote Originally Posted by [size=6
    FLaCo[/size]]
    WiGGo? i am still confused:confused:
    Is that unusual? :devil:

No but seriously, what I meant was that ya were already thinkin' about gettin' the 19" monitor anyway and just needed some justification from us to backup ya outlay on one. ;)

Does that sound about right? :?:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information