Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overburning a CD

I was wondering about overburning CDs. Is there a particular technique involved. What is the max capacity for an 80 min CD. I am using Nero 5.5, I believe.

Thx JM
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

80min = 700mb

with TDK certified CD's I have successfully burned 86:1:1 minutes on a disk but even if it burns right does not mean that it will play right ALL of the time

I'm not an expert with CDR, but I'd say thats because data is being burnt to the furthest out tracks of the CD which I'd imagine aren't as reliable or good as the inner tracks.

that's exactly right Mr. Tweak, althoughmost times you will get lucky and it will play. You have to use very high quality CDR media though

Beefy Guest

if you really need to squeeze that extra bit onto a CD, you can actually get 90 and 99 minute cds... they are hard to find, and don't necessarily work with all burners, but it's worth a shot.

From my own personal experience with 2 burners (AOpen CRW9624 and Creative CDRW1611E) 80min CD-R discs don't overburn very well at all. I have had much greater success with 74 minute CD-R discs, I have burned up to 78 minutes on occasions with them :)
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Beefy Guest

when you say overburn an 80 minute cd, do you mean going over 80 minutes, or still going over 74 minutes? the best I've done with an 80 minute was about 81:20....

depends on the media and burner and of course the speed of the burn. when I overburn I turn my 24x down to 2x so I don't run as much risk of making a coaster

Quote Originally Posted by ne0z
    depends on the media and burner and of course the speed of the burn. when I overburn I turn my 24x down to 2x so I don't run as much risk of making a coaster
    I guess that would work if you had the time to sit around and wait... :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information