Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Car Audio Situation...

it varies from person to person

i have a sine wave that alternates between 31 and 35 hz over 45secs and just keeps going like that for about 10mins.

it also realy depends on your car as well. Some cars just dont "do it." not sure why. Commodores vl->Vx doesnt appear to have any effect at all.

ford laser hatchbacks :thumb:
    TT Original

Nope as a Ford Laser is a Mazda 323. ;)

olie you'd be talking about the resonance of the vehicle, lol

im thinkin of fittin my VL with some better sound equipment, hunting round for ideas/suggetions atm, but when i get the rolling bass happening, i'll let you know what the "sweet-spot" is on the VL ;)
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Sweet, a car audio thread... :woot:

In the next couple of weeks I am going to get a new system for my car. Right now it has a crappy Panasonic setup with 8 CD stacker.

Seriously looking at going with an Alpine 60x4 head unit and Boston Acoustics 12" 1000 peak wattage sub woofer, amp and Boustin 50 RMS speakers.

Been assured this will be a gutsy system, will be using Compeitor series products from Boston - what do you people think? They are asking for $2300 AU (about $1200 US) all up, whereas they reckon it would normally cost $2800 AU.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Im not quite sure about current pricing on Boston stuff, but i do know its not cheap, and i do know if your going for a good audio system Boston is the flat out best speaker company in the world. As far as loudest, i believe there are a handful of others that can pump out high Db, low Hz speakers. But for a real all around badass stereo, Boston has been rated higher than Bose in many of the articles ive read, and from many of the car audio nuts ive talked to. Boston would be a great choice, and as much as they arent known for ball-crunching subs, i would tend to think a 1000 Watt sub from them isnt going to be a bad choice for any setup. Try to get Boston Mid's and Hi's aswell, coupled with an Amp they recommend. As far as the Alpine, there are "good for the money" Alpines, and then there are "why the hell would you spend that much on a Head Unit" Alpines. Throw up the link, id like to see which of the Alpines other ppl like (They are all great Units, im just not a fan of the way half of them look)

Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

:woot:
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Although I am half thinking about buying one of these purely for the fact they look better.

CDA-7894RB Bass Engine Plus CD Player/MP3 Player/Receiver

The CDA-7894RB is an ultra high quality CD/Receiver that features Bass Engine technologies for sophisticated sound shaping and powerful MediaXpander that regenerates harmonics lost in compression from digital recordings such as MP3. The 60Watts x 4 amplifier, three RCA pre-outs and MP3 compatibility makes this unit a perfect foundation for a premium extended sound system.
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Nice radio...but going by just looks i perfer....the second one.
    - Damien

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information