Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: burning movies to cd rom

thomson1968 Guest

Hey Guy's,
    Can someone help me out here ?
    I've managed to download some movies from source's on the net,, all above board of course.
    The thing is,,I'am new to all this DVD copying thing etc.
    I have a CD burner and a dvd player in my pc and I have nero etc installed.
    I can download and watch a movie ok on media player etc,, but so far cant seem to get it burnt onto cd,,,It appears to be going through the encoding proccess and burning and so on,, it even says the burn was sucessfull, but when I try to play the copied disk back I get nothing,, it isnt even recognised as being in the drive, it says please enter disk when the disk is already in the drive.
    I have went into mycomputer and tried to check the properties of the disk but it says no disk !
    I even thought I might have had the disk in upside down and changed it but still nothing, you know how these blank disks look really similar on both sides, easy mistake to make, hehe !
    I'am using just regular blank cd's,, ya know the ones that you get 100 for next of nothing price wise, could that be the problem ???
    I'am also using windows xp and I plan to watch movies I copy on my home dvd player on my Television and not really to much on my computer.
    Anyway's can someone help please, thanks.

One way to watch the home burned video CD:s from your TV, is to encode them into DivX -format and buy a DVD -player that plays the DivX -discs. I have saw one DVD -player on the market that can also play the DivX -discs...itīs the KiSS DVD/DivX -player (plays also mp3īs) : peace:

p.s. Iīm sure there is some other ways too...maybe! :rolleyes:

thomson1968 Guest

cool tomi_s.
    But as I'am a begginer, how do i do the whole thing.
    I have a regular cd copier drive, i have blanks cd's (just regular type 700min-80mb), i have pentium 4 with windows xp and 512mb ram and of course fast cable internet connection.
    I have several movies downloaded from the net, most or all are AVi type files.
    I tried to encode from avi to mpeg 2, it was taking hours and then it would stop dead saying various error messages, one i can remember "cant play mpeg file, no mpeg software", or something to that effect,,,Plus another thing i noticed was that the parts of the film that did encode before error were huge in size compared too the size of same film in AVi format,,,SO,, whats best for me to do, programs,software etc etc,,, can someone help please ???
    :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

I think if you try to encode an compressed AVI file to mpeg2, the quality will be terrible. The thing you should do, is to encode the AVI files in to DivX format. I have this handy program VirtualDub , which you can encode a movie file to anything you want. The only limitations are the codecs , which the program will use when encoding. I think the VirtualDub is freeware, but iīm not sure (i got mine from my friend) (www.virtualdub.org). Anyway the DivX codec and the DivX player are available for free in the internet (www.divx.com). Before you can encode a movie to another format with the VDub, youīll have to select the codec you will use (video --> compression --> DivX (in this case)). You can also select the compression rate from the DivX codec settings. Itīs difficult to know what compression would be the best (the best compromise between file size and quality) at the beginning, but you will find out when you have encoded movie a couple of times. ;) You should also select the audio compression (audio --> compression (mpeg layer 3)). Also click the "full processing mode" to active on both video and audio menus.

You should get started with these

P.S. sometimes itīs hard to get the size of the encoded video file to desirable level! (below the 700Mb) :rolleyes: :D

thomson1968 Guest

I think I'll just use the wire I've bought and connect the pc to the Tv and watch the films that way, lol,,, it all seems like a hell of a pain in the ass,,, brain meltdown stuff, lol.

Dont you guy's think its all too much hassle ????

Thatīs a good idea. Maybe thatīs the simplest way to watch those movies. :D :D :D :cheers:

im not quite sure what youre trying to do here..

are you burning the movies into discs for back up?
    if so, check if ur not burning at a higher speed than what ur cdr media can handle.

or to watch the burnt movies to a dvd player..
    the simplest way would be.. using your s-video connector (or whichever wire u got to connect to the tv)

Hey you fools if ya's really looked at the first link that I provided ya's would find it has details to every possible question that ya asked or may even ask on this subject.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information