Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: How improtant is the sound card?

I am still unsure if there is a valid reason why i would care to get anything better than pci128 SB board. They are old, and seem to work fine for me. I dont need any 6.1 because i use it to connect to my home stereo, which has only 2.1 setup (5.1 possible, but not hooked up)
    I personally use it sometimes to play MP3s. and no games.
    the only thing that i can say about the audigy2 card (from what i've seen) is that it has the firewire ports and is 6.1 what else is so great about them???

The Audigy 2 has many new features such as hardware DX audio, EAX, A3D etc with all improve sound quality in games a lot without having a hit on FPS.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

I dont think any of them would improve MP3's I play.

I do understand that if you have 6.1 system and you play UK3 or whatever that FPS is called. But i dont. so is there any other reason why i would bother???

PS i dont play any DVDs either. Pretty much MP3s, and sometimes some Divx rip.

I've been usin' the onboard sound on my latest ones and onboard sound has now come along way since the early days (but the last 2 are 5.1 equiped).
    <center>:cheers:

The Augidy 2 has better signal quality, so you can notice better sound quality listening to MP3s.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

I guess mostly you answered your own question.
    Find a card that supports hardware playback of MP3's and get a player that uses the Directshow API and you should be real happy.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Thread Information