Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What speed burner do you have?

Well, the LiteOn wont fail you Beefy.

The reason the Sony drives cant do safedisc2 is because they cant write EMF patterns. The Sony drives are great except for that missing 'feature'. Memory stick slot isnt really as useful as you would imagine it to be...unless of course you have a camera without a high-bandwidth transfer medium/internal storage.

Anyway, its always best to checkout the CloneCD homepage and under the 'supported writers' link it will display what drives can/cant do. Thats how I found out about the LiteOn, then I googled it, read some reviews, and here I am. Ripping flashpoint and maxpayne without a worry in the world. :)

Beefy Guest

did u get your liteon online or from a store? i'm interested now.. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut Zer0
    Ripping maxpayne without a worry in the world. :)

Nods in agreement :bounce: :bounce2:

No problems burning SafeDisc2 with my Creative :thumb:
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Beefy Guest

*looks at Albinus/creative, looks at NeoBahamut( :) )/LiteOn*

damn you all.. :(

Is there a "simple" way to identify the protections method on a disk. I thought I saw something while reading a review a while back, but can't remember now.

thx JM
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

JM I come across a program awhile back that would identify the protection on a disk. Let me see if I can find the link again.

You can get the liteon (and i guess the creative) from either of these stores:

Computer Alliance
    and Scorpion Technology

Id email Scorptec and get an updated pricelist for it (he is currently up to his teeth in backlogged orders over the hols) as you can prolly get it cheaper there.

The clone protection database/scanner I use is called 'ClonyXL' but its primarily written in a language other than English. If you chekout CDFreaks they prolly still mirror the english version of the program. There are others, checkout GameCopyWorld for the programs, but ClonyXL has performed the best for me. (plus it has an off/online database so you can search your cd for any protection that it fails to detect.

Have fun!

I have a LiteOn 24x/10x/40x and I have to agree with Bahamut Zer0 that these are the best cd-rw drives on the market today in terms of price and features. Currently the LiteOn drives can rip every protection out there and come highly reccomended by everyone I've talked too. Check out http://www.cdfreaks.com if you want some info on how to 'backup' your games. I bought mine from http://www.gamedude.com.au for $235 and almost as soon as I bought the drive, they went down to $200
    The GEEK formerly known as shartiga...

Gee, how much was delivery to Yugoslavia???

And I notice you are browsing at work as well :flames:
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Philips 8/4/32 IDE. For what I do, this is just fine.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information