Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: What speed burner do you have?

The term 'Coaster' means a dud cd.
    And your CRX175 cant do EMF im afraid. But thats not neccesarily a bad thing- if its doing what you want it to do- then its all good.

As for that yamaha problem- it could of been a number of things that caused the errors. Damaged during shipping perhaps, or just a DOA drive?. Ive had no probs with the Yamahas ive deployed and they perform just as well as the plextor.
    My mate has a yamaha scsi burner in his machine. Most stable piece of hardware ive ever seen.
    workmate has a plextor and it too is a top performer. Im the odd one out with the low-budget liteon, but i can still play with the big boys when it comes to writing SD2. :)

Beefy Guest

wow.... three different replies to what a coaster is.. that's efficiency.. :D

I'd sort of have to agree with zeradul on this one.. Yamaha drives are still very good, but not up to the standard of the Plextor drives...

I still don't understand what coaster mean....LOL I'm kidding that was alot of responses on just that....ya my burner does all of what I want it to so I'm not about to waste my money on a newer one either........kind of like I'm not about to waste my money on an AthlonXP 2100+ cause I'm not gonna notice anything maybe 10 extra FPS in quake 3? but in windows nah I ain't noticing it......after all the name 2100 plus makes it sound like a huge difference but in reality, it would be me spending 200 something dollars for a gain of about 300MHz heh I've overlocked to 1.53GHz before and it failed after about an hour of playing games and running in windows.......I guess I'm not sucessful at ocing my stuff......oh well......but ya the coaster I caught on I knew they were used for drinks and stuff but not a dud cd lol.......

well we all responded in a very short time, and I'm sure none of us saw any of the other responses until after the fact

I know, I was responding to Beefy..

How about a PLEXTOR 40x/12x/40x found at a store for 159.99 not too bad for a 40x and i have heard good things about plextor any one think otherwise...and is it true they make burners for TDK?
    - Damien

apparentlly the Lite-on's use some plextor hardware in them but are not quite as good, but for the price differece i'm not complaining.
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

Quote Originally Posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
    heh I've overlocked to 1.53GHz before and it failed after about an hour of playing games and running in windows.......I guess I'm not sucessful at ocing my stuff......oh well
    You cant get a stock 1.4 TBird to 1.53..... something wrong. I've worked with 4 of all different steppings and they'll all get to 1.53 easy, only one needed a vcore change. You should look into that...

Oh yeah, original thread topic... i wanna buy the Plextor 40x, does anyone know if they all come with EMF, or do i need to get a "2" revision or something? Are there any other encodings so that i can "backup" other types of protection in games? Im goiong up from a Sony 10x which'll go in a secondary sytem...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread Information