Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Monitor Refresh Rate

I have my refresh rate down to 56. An artical on RAGE3D, said if you set it to "zero" the fps will increase. Any one know how to get your monitor to zero?

i dunno how but i know you will prolly have the worst headaches ever...:grr:
    - Damien

headache? man i would puke my guts..

:barf: :barf: :barf:

That's BS... If you set it to zero, the screen would not refresh, and thus it would be static. Any light emitting device which runs on a 60 cycle system, aka: AC power from the wall socket, pulses at 60 times per second, which is faster than your eyes can interpret, thus things look to be on "solid", no flicker. When your monitor is at 60hz refresh, then it creates sort of an optical resonance distortion (the peaks and valleys created by the two light wave sources, your monitor and the room lights, diametrically oppose each other, one peaks where one has a valley), and you see flicker, aka: head ache!! When you bump it up a notch, it tends to go away. If you bump it down a notch, the monitor goes in to interlaced mode (writing every other line of graphic data), and things look very grainy. So, anything lower than, I'd say 70hz refresh and you are looking at a head ache, with little or no change in FPS, IMHO, of course. My $0.02.

Cheers!
    - -+ r e v e n a n t +- -
    my rig: Shyznat
    * AMD XP 2600+ @2277 on an MSI K7N2-L * 2x 256meg Corsair PC3200 XMS Platinum in Dual Channel mode @ 3,2,1,2.0 * ATI Radeon 9700 Pro * 4x IBM 180GXP 60gig RAID 0+1 on a Promise Fastrack100 * 1x Western Digital WD800JB 80gig with 8mb buffer on mainboard IDE *Soundblaster Live! * Samsung SW-248B CDRW with 8mb buffer * Sony DDU1621 DVDR * Enermax EG465P-VE 431watt PSU * 23.1" Sceptre X23s-Naga LCD * Chieftech windowed case with glowing ide cables * pic1 * pic2 * pic3 * pic4 * pic5 * 9700 * 3Dmark03 5432 * 3Dmark2001SE 17K club member * the sweet spot *

Could the author have been referring to v-sync:?:

How about a link to that article:)
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

http://www.avault.com/articles/getar...=fpsconspiracy
    Here is the link, yes it is about vsync

If that setting is available, you will find it within the utilities for you video card drivers.

As to what settings are available and where they might be found will vary depending on your hardware/drivers.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Thread Information